Old kitchen meat knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magician176

Reaction score
Hello, I found a kitchen knife at a recycle yard, seems to be very old. It is a bit marked by some rust, the handle is extremely old. I cannot make out the name and it do not look familiar. I would like some help in identification as to where it was made and other details. I cannot upload an image because I have it on my computer and not a URL. Any suggestions?
Regards

You need to use a image hosting site. Something like this place
http://postimage.org

You upload your image there and they provide you with the URL

DSCF0181.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
url]

The bolster and ferrule are reminiscent of Sabatier style knives.

In the old days both German and Sheffield makers used an almost French profile. With a that large handle I would exclude a French maker. The handle and tip are different from the English makers, their tip is arrow-like and the handles are very characteristic, bird's head is it called IIRC. So, by exclusion I would say it's German. Not so sure it's specifically a meat knife. As far as I can see there's as always a protruding heel and a recurve-belly belly due to oversteeling. First thing to do though is removing the rust to make sure it hasn't gone to far.

Latest posts

Back