Who is boar_d_laze?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

99Limited

Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm amazed at the amount of knowledge this guy has. Seems to be pretty well versed on a lot of foodie topics. I've also run across some social/political pieces where he's posted comments.

I kind of expect to run across a pic of him someday and he turns out to be this guy: 9854422.png

Always been a pretty nice and knowledgeable guy. I talked with him a few times on ChefTalk(I think) forum.
He's got his opinions, just like the rest of us.....................................
not a bad dude though.

According to one of his profiles:

Culinary Experience
Former Chef
What I do for a living:
Former: Wrangler, Bouncer, Sparring Partner, Cook, Actor, Grip, Inventor, Businessman, Attorney.
Current: Putter around the backyard.

I remember seeing him on KF a little and I think he even signed up here at one point? ChefTalk is where I first came across him. He always seems very willing to help people with questions about kitchen layouts and knives. He really steers people to Sabatiers, and mentions J-knives as well (although generally considers them overkill). It was his poss about knives that led me to j-knives, and the hidden world of KF ITK and then KKF. It is almost single-handly his fault I now have 30+ knives from japanese makers and american custom makers :biggrin:

Perhaps Jon may chime in BDL claimed to have met with him and kcma in the real world at one point.

He's certainly knowledgeable but at times pretty over the top. I seem to remember a few posts in which he claimed to have sabatiers so sharp they actually fell through things ( chicken wing, onion , tomato) he supposedly took a phone call whilst cutting chicken, rested the knife on the chicken and it fell through the wing.... Going to call bs on that lol.

I would also expect him to be very different in real life from his on line character, although he definitely sounds like a retired chef and can write fairly well. He has been inactive for quite a while (rumoured to be working on his book)

Don't get me wrong he seems nice, helpful but also as salty said a bit of a windbag

I'll compromise and say a knowledgeable windbag...mainly due to his business relationship with a total scumbag. He does seem to know quite a bit about Sab's...though I personally think there are a few chefs here with just as much knowledge in that area (Sachem certainly would be one).

He currently hangs out on a couple of coffee forums. Same personality there---he's always right, and gets very prickly when someone suggests otherwise.

He made a few appearances on this forum. One of which was an attempt to correct DT on his knowledge of heat treats when he was using vintage Sab blanks for a knife project....That was amusing.

Back