Konosuke Cutting Boards, Hinoki Wood

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tosho

Reaction score
P9272022.jpgP9272024.jpg

These boards are dishwasher safe (if you really want) and have a rosewood foot for drying and storage

These are great boards for cooks to bring into work as a "personal board" if the kitchen doesn't supply wooden boards. PLASTIC BOARDS ARE SIN!!!!

What did they do to the board to make it dishwasher safe? That's not normal rosewood...

What did they do to the board to make it dishwasher safe? That's not normal rosewood...

The Hinoki wood is extremely water resistant, the rosewood will dry out a bit but it is treated to add water protection. The edges of the board is also lacquered so that helps too. The sides of the boards are laminated to another strip of Hinoki wood to prevent warping.
I'm sure its a lot better for these boards if you don't dish wash them, but they can take it

How is hinoki wood on knifes?

Hinoki is what a lot of Japanese cooks use for sushi bars, its quite soft (its a type of Cyprus) so great for your knives!

Where is it on your site ? looking for the price.

gorgeous board looking at getting a few if I could find em on your site :)

I'll be putting these boards up tonight and tomorrow, we also have some bigger ones without the "foot"
They will be in our accessory tab online

How is hinoki wood on knifes?

Hinoki is what a lot of Japanese cooks use for sushi bars, its quite soft (its a type of Cyprus) so great for your knives!

Ivan, I wish I knew you had these before. I was just in TO, eating at Buca, and could have made a stop. Damn!

Come by next time you're in town!
We know the guys at Buca well actually

Ivan, I wish I knew you had these before. I was just in TO, eating at Buca, and could have made a stop. Damn!

Now they are up, thanks for your patience!

do you have access to larger boards? 18"x24" rouhghly or 40x60cm

Yeah, Rob mentioned that you guys are buds. :)

That looks really nice.

Excuse my ignorance but how does hinoki wood compared with bakko yanagi wood? Also do you have a size that is bigger than your biggest you have listed on your web site? Is custom size possible?

Back