Nakiris

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haburn

Reaction score
160mm of edge length and 50mm of heel height in 1095.
Kind of neat hamon action. Thanks for looking!

OBRy1AKl.jpg

SKqCcG9l.jpg

stunning, I'd love to come by the shop at some point and check out the setup/nerd out. Also, it would be tempting to do an ebony handle or something with g10 given the blade aesthetics, but I think a light wood with a good grain pattern (not burl) would really compliment it in a different way.

Thanks guys.
Pleue, shoot me a PM when you're ready to come up over the river.
I ended up using blackwood, blk G10, and nickel silver on this one. I have another one in 1095 that will probably get red palmwood.
There will be a couple of these in AEB-L as well.

Beautiful! Love the handle and minimalist aesthetic.

Here just when I was thinking we were kinda getting to be 'friends' and only now after the custom I asked you for you go and put this work of art out there ... kinda hate you now :justkidding: as alway stunning ... TjA (that handle / if I am judging it right which is nearly impossible without a scale / looks perfect for the Bunka) - What is that made of out of curiosity?

I just put a nakiri in AEB-L in the store HERE.

jTakuzEl.jpg

Hey Ian,

What's the weight balance like on that Nakiri? Is it more blade heavy or more balanced back towards where the "bolster" would be so to speak?

Curious because I'm not familiar at all with the weights of those handles materials...

Montezuma - Thanks! The handle is stabilized wenge/brass/stabilized fishtail oak.

SolidSnake - The balance is about 8 in front of the bolster.

Back