• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: Something from Hattori KD line

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ramenlegend

Reaction score
:scared4:Hey, it can't hurt to ask. Looking to buy something from the hattori KD line. I'm interested in all styles and lengths. If anyone has something to offer, feel free to send a pm my way :D

Erik

Pretty sure there is a 270 and 210 on offer on another forum, hope that isn't stepping on any toes....

thanks jimbob, I've actually seen those, but those are way too far over retail for me. Maybe that is a realistic current market price :sad0:, but I don't know.

BUmp! that recent BST sale got me itching for one of these again! I cant pay a whole lot over JCK prices, but if someone is looking for a large sum of extra christmas cash, send me an offer!

New year, might as well get rid of that dusty KD. Ok I'm done bumping for a looong time.

as you are speaking of JCK prices, those are (way) under market price! :( afaik, JCK has removed the KD prices a while ago and his waiting list counted more than 300 (for a gyuto) last time i spoke with koki...

Seemed like you had an offer, what happened? Got to pay to play...trust me I know!

Yeah this will be my last attempt. I'm willing to pay above above JCK prices, but I can't pay collector prices if ya know what I mean. I'm a cook (butcher at the moment) I'm planning on using it. No drawer queen investments for me :D.

This is a very rare knife, besides Santoku in Japanese Museum is!You understand that such a rare and quality stuff, which is already Hattori will never do the cost will be very expensive!And if You are not willing to pay a good amount, then wave your hand back and buy something else, you have a knife going to work, not to collect!Than You Tanaka and Itou don't like?:)

I suspect the price of KD's will go the way of the early Kramer's and the prices will begin to escalate -after all they are also hand made by a master and unlike Kramer, they aren't being made any more

I suspect the price of KD's will go the way of the early Kramer's and the prices will begin to escalate -after all they are also hand made by a master and unlike Kramer, they aren't being made any more

Haven't they already escalated, I recall the OP had an offer but it was in the collector price range. I'm also holding out for some rare cleaver appreciating in value

I just found that page on ebay... wow... Can anyone please tell me what's so special about this knife besides the steel and why it's so sought after?

I can understand it will be pricy due to the steel used and the maker is semi retired.. but how does this knife compare performance wise?

What makes a Kramer worth so much? The fact that his knives are in great demand and the supply is very limited. I don't think Kramer's are any better than a Hattori or Devin or a Burke custom dami but they sell for 5X-10X the price.

The one on the bay is not really that expensive all thinks considered I suppose

What makes a Kramer worth so much? The fact that his knives are in great demand and the supply is very limited. I don't think Kramer's are any better than a Hattori or Devin or a Burke custom dami but they sell for 5X-10X the price.

The one on the bay is not really that expensive all thinks considered I suppose

In one of Salty's YouTube video comments he mentioned he didn't really like one of the Kramer knives and sent it back

He actually had Bob make him a new one with a different profile, or re-profiled the old one? Can't recall exactly. Here's a gallery of Scott's stuff before his massive culling a couple years back. Couple KD's in there:

http://saltyskitchen.blogspot.com/2008/07/misono-360mm-stainless-bread-knife.html

Sounds like what I remember reading on YouTube, I've seen the gallery too.

I haven't seen Salty at KKF since May, I recall a thread but will leave it at that (anyone else who saw it will know). Hope he's doing well and will come back at some point.

Back