Quantcast
Welcome to Kitchen Knife Forums! - Page 20
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to Kitchen Knife Forums!

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.

Hi from Charlotte, NC

Have really been getting crazy over knives recently. Great to be here, think it's truly an honor to be able to communicate with so many great makers and sellers. Looking forward to it.

Kny welcome I am in Charlotte also. Are you in the industry here or just a home cook?

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    Oh yeah, never done anything but cook for a living. I cater, have been for the past 10+years. Would love to be at a restaurant, but the money sucks. I'm looking to open my own space, but even that's a couple of years away. Do you know of anyone in our area that makes kitchen knives? Would love to check it out.

In our area that makes them no. There isn't even a good cutlery store in Charlotte, your 2 options are Williams-Sonoma and Sur La Table. The asian restaurant supply store on Tryon and Sugar Creek next to that asian supermarket has some Tojiro and Togiharu stuff but that is it. But that area is not so great.

hi just signing in...

...hope I'm not too late for the free knife giveaway

You are, butt welcome to the Knut House anyway!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

I was only joking!

Now that I've bounced around--and saw the drawing--I'm crying

I'm just excited to check this place out...I've been hanging out at another forum that I won't mention but the blatant advertising/shilling was getting to me. In addition to stumbling upon this place a few times in the past to glean information, I've dug around a bit to see how things work around here. Very happy to see transparency in any advertising.

Cheers,
    Chinacats

New Guy, on the Block

Hey Guys,
    Just wanted to Introduce myself. I'm a Cattle Farmer from Fort Payne, Al. I am an avidd fan of any type of blades. I recently began purchasing old knives and restoring them. The knives I do restore are ones that are so rough they dont have any real value, Don't worry I do research them before I begin to be sure and not destroy a hihg value knife. I Began learning to work, shape, and temper metal about a year ago. I purchased all of the necessities to begin making my own knives, unfortunately as i got to point where I was comfortable enough to begin my own knive, had a fire that destroyed my barn with a metal and wood shop. So during the rebuilding time I have begun sharpening and restoring knives. I own an edge pro, pro series sharpener. It is amazing.
    But I came across this Butcher Cleaver, and know very little regarding it. It is made by Terrier Cutlery company. The little I know regarding them is they manufactured knives between 1910-1916. I have a picture of the Cleaver if anyone knows any info on it or possibly its value, I'd be appreciative.
    Looking forward to future discussionsClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0466.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	8170

Hello

Hey Guys New to the Forum Just wanted to say hello and Hope every one is doing great!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread