Quantcast
Welcome to Kitchen Knife Forums! - Page 30
Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to Kitchen Knife Forums!

Hello!

Hello all! This is my first time posting on any kind of Forum! I am a sharpness enthusiast and I recently purchased a couple of carbon-steel japanese blades with Christmas money for what I thought was a deal and that spurred me to do some (i.e. an entire days worth) of research and came to really like reading through the posts on the site. My name is actually Carver, believe it or not, and I'm fairly inexperienced with the lingo and stuff, but have been shaving with straight razors for three years now so I'm no stranger to sharpening. I cook everyday and I try to improve my skills in the kitchen regularly because I am currently in college and don't want to spend my laundry money on eating out. (this also means I'm young, but don't hold that against me; I'm always open to learning) In the end I'm just curious to delve into another obsession, and this seems like a productive one. ^_^

Welcome aboard Carver! It's a great place to be!

Welcome to KKF Carver!

Hi guys! I've been reading this forum for a while and decided to register and see what's going on. Thanks!

Great forum!
    Thanks for setting this up.

Howdy from the great plains!

They're not all that great, but they sure are plain.

Aloha from Hawaii

Aloha All!

Stumbled onto this forum while I was considering replacing my wife's 8" MAC chef knife that was misplaced when we went camping. Just in time too, as I was considering purchasing it's replacement from a website which seemed very good, but after purusing threads on this forum I am glad that I did not.

Now, the quest begins! Still on the fence re: stainless vs not stainless.

I figured that since I've spent $$$ on EDC folders (about a dozen) and fixed blade camping knives (last one was a Bark River Bravo 1.5 with 3V steel) , I should get a quality knife (or two or three) for the kitchen. Tons of great information here!

Mahalo!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    We're glad to have you here. Please take a minute to introduce yourself to the forum and then get to posting.
    I've been trolling for info without registering for a while. Great site, Thanks!