Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello From My Kitchen in Connecticut....

Hello From My Kitchen in Connecticut....

Hey guys, I am the chef of "my house", I owned a deli a few years back, always loved cooking, every aspect of it, from hunting, farming, and growing the ingredients to eating them.

I am a fan of nice tools, I currently own an HVAC company specializing in high end residential/commercial system design and installation mostly radiant heating and geothermal passive solar stuff. Master mechanical licenses, hydronic engineering degrees, etc that is my lively hood...

I have a few other hobbies besides cooking and baking bread, I restore 60's and early 70's mopars, I enjoy high end audio equipment (2 channel stuff, any of it from tube/tripath amp mono turntable systems to class A/B external DAC digital systems running through 3 way speakers with dual subwoofers), after the muscle cars, music, guns, and cooking, oh and of course family, I pretty much sleep, I don't watch tv (maybe 1 hour per week), I prefer to read the news, or hear it from my delusional warped employees through out the day.

I think that is everything about me, lol. Oh I have been shaving with a straight edge since I was 14 years old, its a much nicer razor now, but I think that is where my affinity for cutlery started..

As of right now, I don't have any "special" knives, I have honestly NEVER spent more than $90 on a single kitchen knife...

I will be posting for advice on my next knife purchase...

thanks for reading through, I look forward to being a part of your community...

Welcome to the forum. We're a mix of wine snobs, beer snobs, whiskey snobs, coffee snobs, gun snobs, audio snobs, car snobs, razor snobs and of course food snobs, knife snobs, stone snobs and board snobs. Most are not limited to a single category. I think you'll get along fine.
    Older and wider..

lol, thanks Dave. I guess I would be a "whiskey snob" also, argghhh actually probably not a snob, because my tastes steer me towards cheaper bottles, lol I am in love with the Powers Johns lane bottle, its a 12yr that costs around $50 a bottle, but I love it, I will put it against stuff costing the moon, its good stuff, and everyone that I pour it for is floored, now granted that may be because its free, still they put on a good act..

Don't kick me out of here but I also have a soft spot for jameson 18 year, a little more money per bottle ($95), but it makes my face warm and shapes my cheeks into what my Irish/Italian Straight faced personality calls a smile..

Welcome. Pics of Mopars please!
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

I'm still trying to figure out the picture thing, I have some on the phone but getting them onto the laptop is a different story, lol... I wish I could just open the picture on the screen and tap the laptop screen where I want the picture with my phone....

got a cell # Ill text ya some...

What you can do is download the photobucket app, upload the photos to your account there then simply link to them from here.
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

Stupid me, I had to look up images of mopars to know what they were.

Welcome! I will second what Daveb said....if you care this much about kitchen knives you are probably obsessed with wherever your interests lye.

Oh....and hide your wallet!

Welcome! Looks like your collecting interests pretty much cover the waterfront, except for the absence of watches. But now that you're about to be hooked on knives, better just limit your timepieces to Timex, Casio, etc.

Hey, don't forget the photo stuff: http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/sh...ography-thread
    And Welcome!

Forgot we have a new guy that collects supermodels. Going to make sure he can post pics.
    Older and wider..