Quantcast
Welcome to Kitchen Knife Forums! - Page 23
Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to Kitchen Knife Forums!

Hi for the first time to everyone here. I just bought a ******** laser 240 wa gyuto and have since learned reading this forum that the supplier of this knife is not particularly well received. Personal opinions of the supplier aside I would like to get peoples opinions of the knife itself. When purchasing it seemed to fit the profile of everything i was looking i.e steel quality, wa handle, size, shape and obviously sharp but am just looking for a few pointers on sharpening from anyone who owns/owned one. Thanks

Engorged Member
    [QUOTE=jeff1;168775]Hi for the first time to everyone here. I just bought a ******** laser 240 wa gyuto and have since learned reading this forum that the supplier of this knife is not particularly well received. Personal opinions of the supplier aside I would like to get peoples opinions of the knife itself. When purchasing it seemed to fit the profile of everything i was looking i.e steel quality, wa handle, size, shape and obviously sharp but am just looking for a few pointers on sharpening from anyone who owns/owned one. Thanks[/QUOTE

Good luck with the knife! Overall, it seems like it was a good buy for you.
    "So you want to be a vegetarian? Hitler was a vegetarian and look at how he turned out."

Wink Just Saying Hello

Hello! New to the forum. Been reading posts for a bit already.

Welcome to the light, ccubd
    Len

Hi

Hi,

New here (obviously, you say) though I've been lurking/researching the kitchen knife scene for the better part of a year. Every time I think I've got a handle on something I stumble across a new forum or new information; it's a fun ride at least.

Several hundred dollars and some poorly chosen knifes later...

And all this because I wanted to figure out how to sharpen my Wüsthofs.

Welcome, Xhills!

Yeah, I started off my internet searching because I was *interested* in Wusthofs.
    Len

hi. i am of course new to this forum and have one question that has bothered me for years. i had a set of antique kithen knives that had an unusual
    stamp on them and i have never seen elsewhere sinse they were carbon steel, and were not home made, and they appealed to me and i bought them on a whim,
    and lost in a move. and i am hoping to find an antique knive expert that can tell me what and where they were made/?

the stamp on the blade was what appeared to be a fireman running with a ladder, maybe french or italian, and no other mark. it was a large kitchen knife that was very well used, {sharpened down} and was clearly well loved. the handles were not rounded like the sabitier, but square, and still very sharp.there was a larger one and a smaller one.
    maybe 12" and 8" blades. any feedback will be apprecieted

Welcome to KKF, sorry that I can't help with your ID, hopefully someone else can though.