Quantcast
Welcome to Kitchen Knife Forums! - Page 29
Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to Kitchen Knife Forums!

Привет друзья Hello from russia!

Hello friend! I like knife and http://cdn.kitchenknifeforums.com/im...es/running.gif registered.

Hello everyone from Philippines

Hello Dave, congrats, very informative site.. Thanks

Hi all

Hello,

My name is Haakan, and this is my first time posting on a forum. Happy to be here and hope to learn a lot from you.

Welcome aboard!

Well hello from Norway

Hi.
    Signing up here hoping to find som fellow kitchenknife knuts to have really nerdy discussions about skarpening with.
    I'm an eager home cook but have never taken it professional in fear that it will take all the fun out of it. Although I do work as a food critic, which is still funn after five years.
    I've been through several periods as a hobby cook trough the years, starting with french, then italian, some german, american, japanese and thai. I spent a summer in Japan, lived with a Japanese family and fell in love with the Japanese everyday kitchen. My grandfather was the last blacksmith in my home town on the west coast of Norway. He was also an eager fisherman, so guess what my family had for dinner 5 nights a week or more. Luckily my grandmother was the best fish cook I ever known, and I learned a lot from her.

My most recent nerd spree is on japanese kitchen knives, japanese knife sharpening and sharpening in general. I've read all that I can find so far but have reached a dead end, and that's why I'm here now looking for fellow nerds and further information.
    Don't hesitate to contact me.
    Grunde

Hello KKF from the Big Easy

I've been browsing through the site for a few weeks as I mulled my first purchase of quality knives, which was inspired by some home renovations that finally gave me a decent kitchen workspace. I ended up starting with the Misono 440 Moly Gyuto (210), Santuko (180), and Petty. I'm looking forward to having some fun with them and eventually learning how to work the stones. I'm just a home cook (although I have a lot of front of the house restaurant experience), so I'm sure it will take me a while to get the hang of things, but that's why I figured I would register with KKF and take advantage of all the expertise of the other members.

Looking forward to our future discussions!

Daniel Carr

Joined 2 years ago and have always just lurked around and never commented so I figured I better say hi and get to participating.

Quote Originally Posted by mt_mac View Post
    Joined 2 years ago and have always just lurked around and never commented so I figured I better say hi and get to participating.
    Good thinking! Welcome to the club

Stefan

Keeping the cutlery 100% with KKF

Happy to be here. To learn and use our tools efficiently.