D. Martell The minimum I can do....

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Martell

Forum Founder
Founding Member
Reaction score
When someone sends in their expensive knife for sharpening the first time I'm pretty sure that they're nervous about what could happen. I get it - I'd feel the same way if the roles were reversed.

Here's a typical sharpening job that I did this afternoon, nothing special, just a clean up and sharpen - the minimum that I know how to do.

I hope this helps a potential customer to ease their mind of worries. :)

Japanese Knife Sharpening Suisin Hayate1.jpg

I think you are going way beyond their expectations , looking good

Sent from my iPhone using Kitchen Knife Forum

Your minimum is way more than my minimum. Very nice Dave.

FWIW - Sent a couple of recent B/S/T purchases to Dave ... a 240 Devin ITK AEB-L, 240 Kono ZDP-189 ... didn't feel up to the challenge of getting them 'right' not truly knowing what "right" was since this is the first time I had seen these particular gyuto's ...

From start to finish - communication, oversight and perfect screaming edges the experience was excellent! This was my first, but certainly not last, business I will do with him. I might add that he was able to turn them around in remarkable time (even though I told him there was no rush) given that he was only just recently settled in the new place.

I also needed a Masamoto Honesuki "fixed" since the grind was very poor when I received it (& not worth returning) and I can honestly say that it is now perfect!

Thanks again - TjA

"Give me the bat Wendy. Just give me the bat!"

Back