Japanese Knives Gesshin Konosuke

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBroida

KKF Vendor
Founding Member
Reaction score
Gesshin Konosuke 285mm Wa-Sujihiki SPECIAL EDITION

img_0002_1_3.jpg

img_0003_1_3.jpg

img_0005_1_3.jpg

img_0007_1_2.jpg

img_0008_1_1.jpg

Okay, now you are starting to piss me off...

What the....that is nice! If I did not already have some green out waiting for a suji I would jump on that!

Jon,

You know what's funny about this knife? I was thinking about ordering one almost exactly identical from you. The only difference is I was looking for something in the 225-240mm range to suit as a line knife. I bet that knife just dominates fish and meat butchering.

What would you say the advantages of the kiritsuke tip are other than it looking sweet as hell? Does it sort of reinforce the tip a little?

lol... its mostly just cool looking to be honest. I also like that it leaves the spine a little flatter for scraping the board and it generally means the edge profile is flatter (though not always).

Plus, I find that a tip like that allows a knife to have a very fine tip at the VERY top of the point, but still plenty of meat behind the blade. Not sure that would matter on a knife this size. It just looks cool.

Latest posts

Back