First Snow

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mkriggen

Reaction score
Just to make you Northerners feel better, I thought I'd let you know that we got our first snow of the year today. I can see it from my bedroom window. Depending on the wind, I might even have to close that window tonight:sad0:

Be well,
Mikey

So glad it has cooled down a little bit for the ones of us who don't live in a constant wind channel. But strange to see snow that early up there. Well, it's the tallest mountain on earth, after all ;)

Stefan

I saw the Slurpee machine at 7-Eleven yesterday.

I haven't seen snow in person since June 2008. I like it that way.

I was trying to think of my last snow. In 82 I was stationed at Great Lakes (Chicago) for a year - all of which was winter. I got my fill.

I was trying to think of my last snow. In 82 I was stationed at Great Lakes (Chicago) for a year - all of which was winter. I got my fill.

I was lucky enough to be at Great Lakes for the coldest day on record- Jan 20, 1985, -27*F

I haven't seen snow in 9 years. Or any season other than spring and summer for that matter. Extremely homesick this time of year!

It doesn't do that where I am from...now shoveling, no plowing...thank god the drivers are bad enough.

Sitting in a ski resort condo dreaming of snow now. Great time of year in the mountains...all the crazes are gone from summer, and not yet here for winter, and the locals are relaxing.

Hiring starts today for the winter season and all the crazy will begin again.

Let's hoe we get some snow this year, the lakes are looking pathetic

Back