• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Thinning it out a bit...

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

apicius9

Das HandleMeister
Founding Member
Reaction score
Hi, just making room in the knife block and liquidating some tied up cash. More pictures to follow, just wanted to get this out there.

1) 9" Warther French chef's knife (middle knife in picture below). S35VN steel. Germanish profile, as you can see. Converted to wa handle, handle is stabilized black dyed maple burl and horn, ab it on the larger side for large hands. Good cutter if you can live with the curve, just doesn't see much use in my kitchen. I think since Dave beefed up the edge a bit I may have used it a cople of times at best. $140 shipped in the US

2 & 3) These are not yet decided, just wanted to comment (hope that is allowed...). Also planning on selling the 300 Fuguhiki on the top, but I forget who the maker was, so I am not yet sure what a fair asking price would be. If anybody knows the maker, please let me know. Also seriously thinking about selling the Carter 9 1/2sun slicer - same problem, gotta find out a realistic price first.

4) 270 Kanetsune VG10 yanagiba with damascus layers. (top, picture below) These are stainless which was what attracted me because of the humid climate I live in. But I have hardly ever used it, never even sharpened up the factory edge. But I took of the flimsy rosewood handle and put a slim M3 handle on it. This is something like reconstituted metal, aluminum and copper in this case. Clearly heavier than ho wood but I kept is as slim as possible to not overly mess up the balance. Black horn tip and end cap. $220 shipped in the US

5) Korin honesuki, right handed (middle, picture below). Looks like a Nenox, feels like a Nenox, works like a Nenox. IIRC, at the time we were pretty sure that it was also the same steel that was used for the Nenox S1 series, but it runs under the Korin label. There were some issues with shrinking and cracking snakewood handles at the time. This one here has no cracks that I can see but it did shrink a bit and the tang was lightly ground down to match the scales. I will sand the tang a little bit over some slightly rougher spots. I would like to send this to Dave first to go over it a bit because there are a few micro chips toward the heel, so you would get it directly from him, sharp and shiny. Knife is hardly ever used, never sharpened before. $250 shipped (the comparable Nenox is $413-$619)

6) Ealy line knife (picture will follow). AEB-L bog, oak and koa handle (a darker koa piece from my personal stash with an almost quilted curl, not the regular striped curl you may connect with koa). Probably will regret selling this, but I could use the cash influx and I am not using it as much as I thought I might. So, hardly used, never sharpened. $260 shipped in the US.

I also ship internationally for actual shipping cost - $10, please contact me for details. There may be a couple more, gotta sort through the stash again.

Stefan

Always lots of temptation in BST.... have to force myself to stay focused on my unicorns.

Love the handle on the second knife from bottom in top pic. African blackwood? nickel? and what's the blue spacer??

Good luck with the sale.

Thanks! The handle is blackwood, horn, nickel silver, and lapis lazuli (reconstituted stone material). That one goes to my blackwood supplier...

Stefan

I'd appreciate some more info on the Carter. I'm also interested in the honesuki. Thanks

The honesuki is SPF, thanks!

Stefan

In case you were curious/wanted confirmation, the Korin one was made by Nenox for us before we had our own line. :)

Thank you Mari! The honesuki is sold. The black and blue one is a 'damascus' clad VG10 blade, similar to the basic Shuns, maybe a little thinner. Jantz used to carry them for a very decent price, they were perfect for me for gifts and bribes ;) but they stopped offering them. Still looking for a source, for 98% of the population they would be a step up from what they have.

Rich and Larry - your mailbox is full.

How about $120 for the Warther? I know, it's not the prettiest, but it's a barely used $99 +S&H knife in avery decent steel plus a $130 handle... If nobody takesit at that, I'd rather keep it.

And I'd go $200 even on the yanagi, otherwise it will stay in my block for now.

Thanks,

Stefan

Ealy line knife still there? Like to see a photo before I call dibs...

Hi, there are a few people who asked about pictures of the line knife, I just haven't had a chance to take pictures, yet, lots going on right now. Will try again tonight.

Stefan

Not sure this works from my phone, if it does you should see pictures of the Ealy line knife. Comes with the original case. I will contact the ones who were interested pending pictures in the sequence the mails came in.

ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1413832130.487303.jpgImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1413832155.155291.jpgImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1413832173.005818.jpgImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1413832205.695106.jpgImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1413832223.995335.jpg

Sad state of affairs with the Carter slicer: upon closer inspection, there is a crack in the handle, and I would not want to sell it as it is. But I am preparing to offer it as a package with a new handle on another kitchen knife forum where the buyer can determine the price.

Almost forgot, Korin honesuki and Kanetsune yanagi are sold.

Stefan

Final update:

Korin Honesuki & Kanetsune yanagi SOLD
Ealy line knife SPF

Warther chef's knife and fuguhiki withdrawn for now

Carter slicer offered in a neighboring forum

This thread can be closed, thanks!

Stefan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back