Quantcast
Restaurant bans young children - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Restaurant bans young children

He was kidding!! There is no need to keep poking!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Quote Originally Posted by mano View Post
    Ah, so you're just being a troll.
    Nope. There was a point in there somewhere. I guess it got lost in translation. My bad. I suppose the @$$hole tone I took didn't help me make my point. Lesson learned.

If you're not trolling and are the least bit serious about what you said your tone is the least of your troubles.

I wish you and your kids all the luck in the world.

bye

Quote Originally Posted by mano View Post
    Ah, so you're just being a troll.
    He is, he just doesn't see it. And frankly since you have taken that tone, YOU take them to Old Country Buffet, I will continue to cook my 2 Michelin star food and enjoy.....
    Bert M.

Why?! Because footballs don't have wheels!

I got it, you were just trying to emulate the position that your kids and raising them are 1000% more important to you than any of the other people in the building. I can relate to that. I think it's absurd that people think that parents need to bend over backward being considerate of the continuous pleasure cruise that is life without toddlers. Being a parent is a gigantic pain in the ass, and if someone is parenting their kids, even through ignoring a tantrum, people should respect their role. They are busy teaching a new generation how to behave.

When I was a kid, I stole a stick of gum, and my dad found out. He marched me back into the store, and ordered me to give it back and apologize. I was blubbering and doing the ugly cry, I was so embarrassed and ashamed. The clerk felt great pity and said,"Ooooh, it's ok....it's just 25 cents. He can keep it." My dad was so irritated, he was trying to teach me not to shoplift when all that is needed is to have a little kid cry and say he's sorry. Try getting a 17 year old to stop shoplifting. People gotta cooperate with parents--you may be having a good time, but they are on the job, and its a job that affects everyone directly(cause a bratty, rude toddler will someday be a traffic cop, insurance agent, or your neighbor).

The parental instinct to protect our offspring is fundamental to the success of the human race. Monty's instincts were clearly agitated, that's all.

If only all parents were on the job.
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Our local Malaysian restaurant has a sign up that reads the parents of kids who cause a mess (I assume this means throwing food on the floor and knocking dishes off the table during horseplay) will be subject to a surcharge of $15 for the trouble.

Our three-and-a-half-year-old has always been perfect at restaurants, he loves the experience and will not play up unless he is overtired - and that's not his fault, it's ours for failing to manage it. On the rare occasions that he does play up I ask if he wants to wait in the car, and that usually works.

We did have a lot of trouble however on the second leg of the plane trip back from the UK a year and a half ago which was Seoul-Sydney with three hour stopover, boy did that suck! He screamed his head off the entire 10 hour trip and we were too exhausted to cope. No one messed with us though except for one glare which that person wisely did not direct at me or while I was looking. I don't take any crap from other people for my kid being a kid because we do try our best and we are thoughtful people. My stock response is 'if you can't handle screaming kids on a plane, don't fly cattle class, d1ckhead!'.

I have fond respect for parents that stick together for their kids sake, or raise them for that matter. It's a tough job. It's those that treat them like excess baggage, mistreat, or neglect them as if they were a little more then a burden, to those people, I point to myself and tell them "this is how they will turn out".
    (Just kidding Mom and Dad) Man, don't let me start on casey anthony.

I've been resisting putting in my two cents here because reading this thread raises my blood pressure so I can feel my head throbbing. I have two kids. The smallest one is about one and a half. They are both very well behaved although the do tend to make a bit of a mess. I try to clean up as much as possible and leave a generous tip. If my wife is with me and a kid gets fidgety, one of us will go outside to play for a few minutes. Despite my best efforts, my little one either whispers or screams. He has no normal speaking volume. Basically, we get a scream every few minutes during a meal. He's not upset that's just how he is and it isn't just mealtime, either. I used to be embarrassed by this. Now, I do my best to deal with him and try not to go where we're not welcome. (Unfortunately, that isn't always a viable option.) I wouldn't put up with people being mean to my kids but luckily, I haven't ever had to deal with that. Otherwise, I'd probably be in jail.

What stumps me is the "us vs. them" perception of some of the parents here, and elsewhere.

Of course parents should protect their children if they need protection, but I didn't see any mention here or in any of the articles about anyone treating children poorly or being mean to them.

In fact, the restaurant owner said, There’s "nothing wrong with babies,but the fact is you can't control their volume." He said all that screaming and crying disturbs many of his customers. "You know, their child -- maybe as it should be -- is the center of their universe. But they don't realize it's not the center of the universe."

That's a reasonable man not condemning or blaming kids for acting like kids.

The thing is, kids couldn't care less where they eat; it's the parents of the kids who are pissed because their under 6 yr. old kids are banned. It's a shame quiet kids' parents have to suffer because other children's parents allow their loud ones to stay but that's why rules are set up most of the time.

+ Reply to Thread