Quantcast
Restaurant bans young children
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Restaurant bans young children

Restaurant bans young children

The Wall Street Journal reported on a restaurant in Pennsylvania that banned children 6 or younger. A recent poll by a news station found over 60 percent approved of the ban.

I am sympathetic to the problems a parent can have bringing a child to a restaurant. I've never understood, though why I should have to endure a child's melt down.

Jay

If it is the type of restaurant that children wouldn't enjoy or appreciate, then I could easily see it helping business, not hurting it. I know parents have to take their kids out, but it doesnt mean you have to take them to a high end place. Go there when you have a babysitter.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

It's a good move if it's one of those high-end places, or even just a semi-fine place. I get really pissed off when I hear children screaming and crying when I'm trying to enjoy the whole dining experience. Unless of course you have really well behaved kids.

Children should not be seen, nor heard.

Young kids can be a handful, some behave some are pain in the butt to deal with .
    Parents should be considerate of others when it comes to restaurants and may be not take their kids where they will not be able to endure the entire time with no meltdowns.
    If the kids are brought up properly, it should be no problem I think.

I wonder of all that posted so far how many have kids?

I totally agree with this. I wish they would impose the same restrictions on young children as they do on smoking.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

I wish all restaurants with a bar area would ban everyone under 21 from the bar. This should be THE one safe haven from family with kids.

Shoot, I used to love checking out new places to eat. Now I have 2 toddlers. We eat at 4 restaurants, and one is in a grocery store. My kids are very well behaved and happy, but they are happy because we don't take them to restaurants that we can't deal with them in.

Blows my mind when I see people bring kids into places with lit candles, stools, no kids menu, or too much ambiance(tvs everywhere, loud music). Take your kids to a place where kids do well--with short wait times, booths, coloring placemats, healthy kid-friendly meals(good luck with that), and few distractions. We eat at Panera Bread, Freebirds, a local Mediterranean place, and a grocery store(Central Market).

Quote Originally Posted by obtuse View Post
    Children should not be seen, nor heard.
    WOW.........I'd hate to be your child

On a more serious note, I do agree that a mojour part of the dining experience has alot to do with the atmosphere and ambiance of the surroundings. A whining child could ruin a pleasurable evening out in an instant.

Parent should be more selective on where they take their children for
    dinner but some parents just do not care. So I think it's only fair that the restaurant has the right to allow who it wants to dine in their establishment.

my fiance's aunt left town for a week and we were looking after them (they're 4yr old twins, and a 6 year old). my friend called, and asked us out to a local mediteranean place, quite like a tapas bar. it was one of the higher end places in town. my fiance refused to go unless we bring the kids, even though i could get a babysitter, and my parents love those kids to death. i'm scared for when we have kids :'(