• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Gotta pay for the last heart surgery.lol Rare Del Ealy, vintage American, Sabatier and Hiromoto HC

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sachem allison

Reaction score
Hey, guys
As you know I haven't been around much lately. The month of Sept. was a little rough, I had 3 heart procedures performed and things got a little complicated. I feel a little bit better now but, the bills are now starting to roll in again. So, time to get rid of the excess, daddy needs some new drugs.

First two up: Delbert Ealy paring knives

1) 2.5 inch AEB-L with red wood lace handle. This is the stubby one. I will throw in one of my mouse trap sayas for free.
$100.00 shipped conus

2) 2.5 inch AEB-L birds beak paring knife with black ash burl handle. This is a rare one. I don't think Del's made more than a couple of these. Also, comes with a mouse trap saya. The saya isn't pretty but, it works. $100 shipped conus

del ealy 002.jpg

del ealy 004.jpg

Next up
1)a Vintage nogent carbon steel Sabatier Chef knife 10" x 2 1/4" blade. This is probably, 1960's. The black ebony handle looks brand new with no wear, the blade looks a little scratched up but, is otherwise all there. It hasn't been sharpened much . the scratches are purely cosmetic. A great vintage sab. $100 conus shipped.

2) Vintage 1960's Sabatier Acier Inox stainless steel chef knife with a 9 3/4 inch x 2 inch blade. Cocobolo handle with bird's eye rivets, done by our very own Knyfeknerd. This is a great knife. $100 shipped conus

del ealy 005.jpg

del ealy 006.jpg

del ealy 022.jpg

del ealy 024.jpg

del ealy 026.jpg

del ealy 028.jpg

A couple of Giant vintage pieces:

1) Vintage 1940's maybe 50"s American 14inch x 2 1/4 inch carbon steel chef knife.
This is a project knife the edge needs to be straightened out. It has been used a lot but, will make and excellent slicer. It will take a keen edge. The handle is probably Beech wood but, I'm not positive. Previous owner many years ago burned his initials into the handle. This would make a great rehandle job for someone. $75.00 shipped conus .That is a 10 inch chef knife for comparison purposes

2) Vintage Cases tested xx made between 1932 and 1940 12 inch x 2" chef knife. Pewter bolsters and possible rosewood handle. This knife was found in an old abandoned coffee shop in New Mexico. The knife has been used and the pewter bolsters are a little beat. Nothing a little tlc and elbow grease couldn't bring back to life. Case was famous for their steel back in the day. This is is an excellent blade it is ultra thin. $75.00 shipped conus

del ealy 007.jpg

del ealy 008.jpg

del ealy 009.jpg

del ealy 010.jpg

del ealy 011.jpg

Last up this round. This is one of my absolute favorite knives. This knife really turned me on to Japanese knives. It really isn't anything particularly amazing but, I gravitate towards it when it is around. I love it . It is my Japanese forgecraft.lol
The blade gets wicked sharp and holds onto it for a little while. This is the most stable and uniform patina I have ever gotten on a knife. It looks etched but, it isn't. The blade is a battleship grey and was put there by cutting 1000's of pounds of onions and pineapples over the years. If you look at the blade you can get lost in the grain pattern of the steel. It isn't Damascus but it almost has the appearance of wootz steel. It is really rather beautiful in my opinion.This was never a particularly expensive knife as a matter of fact I think it was Hiromoto's least expensive but, most loved line. They discontinued making some years ago. Never could find out why.
Hiromoto HC 240mm
High Carbon steel blade
Black whatever wood handle
$75 shipped conus

H

del ealy 029.jpg

del ealy 030.jpg

del ealy 031.jpg

del ealy 032.jpg

del ealy 033.jpg

del ealy 034.jpg

del ealy 035.jpg

Hiromoto HC = has to be one of if not the most underrated knife ever. Out of production for a long time now too.

Dibs on the sab nogent carbon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This auction breaks my heart Son. Those are your F-----g knives and being sold for next to nothing makes me even sadder. I wish I could help you get out of NY and back home to your aging Family on CA. Just saw this post. I'm going to have to think about a way I and this community can help. One thing I know for sure, there's lots of love for you Son but sometimes it takes more. We can do more, I can more.

If I buy the Case and the rehandled Sab, would you mind hanging on to them til I can get in to see you? Hope it all works out Son.

This auction breaks my heart Son. Those are your F-----g knives and being sold for next to nothing makes me even sadder. I wish I could help you get out of NY and back home to your aging Family on CA. Just saw this post. I'm going to have to think about a way I and this community can help. One thing I know for sure, there's lots of love for you Son but sometimes it takes more. We can do more, I can more.
You guys have done a shyt ton for me and believe me, I appreciate every bit of it. "the get son out of new york fundraiser" was more than I ever expected or deserved. Sometimes life gets in the way and you have to suck it up and bide your time and be patient. Believe me patience I know.lol I still have some pieces I won't let go. My forgecraft that you guys gave back to me and a few other special gifts. No worries on the knife front.
Thank you everyone, I mean it. Thank you

vintage nogent
Delbert Ealy stubby parer
Knyfeknerd rehandle Sabatier
Vintage Case tested XX

Thanks guys.

If I buy the Case and the rehandled Sab, would you mind hanging on to them til I can get in to see you? Hope it all works out Son.
So, that's how its going to be? No problem, brother and thanks.

Last up this round. This is one of my absolute favorite knives. This knife really turned me on to Japanese knives. It really isn't anything particularly amazing but, I gravitate towards it when it is around. I love it . It is my Japanese forgecraft.lol
The blade gets wicked sharp and holds onto it for a little while. This is the most stable and uniform patina I have ever gotten on a knife. It looks etched but, it isn't. The blade is a battleship grey and was put there by cutting 1000's of pounds of onions and pineapples over the years. If you look at the blade you can get lost in the grain pattern of the steel. It isn't Damascus but it almost has the appearance of wootz steel. It is really rather beautiful in my opinion.This was never a particularly expensive knife as a matter of fact I think it was Hiromoto's least expensive but, most loved line. They discontinued making some years ago. Never could find out why.
Hiromoto HC 240mm
High Carbon steel blade
Black whatever wood handle
$75 shipped conus

H

Ph bk nbnäbäääp v vxyvklåkvpvj någonsin ljjoeeewwwweeweeeew

Back