do you think Holloween is a HUGE waste of food?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boomchakabowwow

Reaction score
every year, around this time, every open space on a street corner has some "pumpkin patch" pop up. the area is littered with pumpkins of every shape and size. kids wading thru looking for the perfect carving squash.

i always wonder about the natural resources that go into growing this stuff.

personally, i eat the things. i go "all in" with pumpkins and fall squashes. i roast a big batch and chop it into salads, make soups. i've heard they are good for us. good to eat "colors".

in the end, i take my truck and gather up abandon squash. i get truckloads of the things and deliver them to my friends pet hog farm. they love them. machete them opened unceremoniously, and huck them into the pens. kinda fun.

the pumpkins I eat are not the pumpkins we carve and stuff. My kids still love Halloween, so even the time and resources aren't a complete waste. Now the candy... that's another story

What annoys me is grown ups without kids requesting the day off. If you have a kid to take trick or treating, sure, no problem but a day off so you can act like a child, not gonna happen.

What annoys me is grown ups without kids requesting the day off. If you have a kid to take trick or treating, sure, no problem but a day off so you can act like a child, not gonna happen.

..............., said the clown.

hahha..i agree.

however, you have inspired me to go to a party dressed like a clown. :D

Back