• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

/Retracted Ikarashi and Suehiro 300

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dardeau

Reaction score
For Sale
Ikarashi
View attachment 25092
A really solid natural medium grit stone. It is a little slow, but leaves a great edge to be refined. Until today this was a solid part of my setup, and my favorite of the easily available medium stones. I am the second owner of this stone, and I believe it came from JNS originally.
$175 shipped Conus, overseas ask

Suehiro Gokumyo-Ryu Dual Density 300 grit stone
ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1413933066.485831.jpg
ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1413933080.534040.jpg
ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1413933093.402726.jpg
This is a fairly unknown stone, but really cool one I got from Tools From Japan. I think they are the only dealer for these outside of Japan, and if you have ordered from Stu you know the wait time is really long. This is your chance to skip that.

The soft side is very fast cutting and comparatively slow dishing, while the hard side is very hard,does not dish at all, but cuts fairly slowly. The soft side I used for thinning, which it excels at. The hard side I used to create a uniform scratch pattern on single bevel knives to build on using natural stones. It was great for this as it is splash and go (the soft side needs a soak) and leaves a smooth bright finish. I have the conditioning stone for this and think I have the box and nonslip ring too.
$74 shipped conus

Questions welcome!
Trade offers welcome!

Ikarashi price drop to $165. I looked at what they're going for new and flattened on JNS.

Suehiro sold, thanks kkf. Donation follows

Ikarashi drop to $150, trades still welcome

FYI - your Ikarashi photo doesn't seem to work. Might be slowing things down.

Thanks, didn't know that. It works for me.ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1415234300.573036.jpg
Is this thing on?

If it doesn't go soon I'm just keeping it. It's a really good stone.

Anybody got a usuba they want to swap? Or a natural aoto, an actual bluish one? Or anything else for trade, 210 sujis, bottle caps, chicken bones?

Hey, Dardeau, I'd trade another stone if I didn't already have a couple of them and owned a third. Yes, nice stone.

Yours has a great shape. Did you grind it down? Must've taken years. Stones like this make my Atoma panic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back