Nice

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salty dog

Reaction score
Haven't visited your site in awhile because I haven't purchased a knife for myself in a long time but damn near pulled the trigger on this today.
I'd describe it as semi-Salty-style-Kramer-esque with a Rader-like integral bolster and handle.

http://epicureanedge.com/shopexd.asp?id=92492

I've been eyeballing that thing for a couple weeks now, so sexy.

I'll split it with ya and take turns. Been looking at the same knife. A certain young lady on the forums said it's one of the most comfortable knives she owns .

I love it as well, I just wish it was a bit taller at the heel.

Clearly practical knife art but I'm just not a fan of skinny pointy tips. I feel like I have more control with horizontal cuts with a more spear or Shigesq tip. Seems more and more knives are favoring this Masamoto gone Kate moss tip. Not crazy about it.

Re the tip: it's hell on wheels for removing silverskin.

Awesome looking knife. I have a serious weakness for integral bolsters ... can't explain. But the price keeps me all nicely cool and relaxed :)

I am really enjoying Mareko's work. @Salty ... my feelings are the same. You can clearly see Mareko's influences and his training (Kramer), but he's brought it to a unique feel and look that is truly his. I'm really excited to watch him develop.

-daniel

That is a special knife; thanks for pouting it out. You are all correct that you can see a lot of influences in that blade -- but you can't go wrong when Lisch, Kramer, and Rader come to mind.

What was it going for btw?

k.

Back