• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

End of an Era. Dragon Slayer set for sale

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sachem allison

Reaction score
Well, with a heavy heart it is time to pass on the Dragon Slayer set. This set was made for me by Randy Haas of HHH knives. The pattern of the Damascus is called "Reverb" and was made for this set. The handle is top of the line Rosewood Burl with copper liners and copper rivets. This is a three piece set and I would like to sell it as such. I sent this knife on a year plus passaround with the feedback received, Randy gave the set a spa treatment and fixed the issues that were pointed out. The set came back leaner and meaner and the performance was much better. Essentially, Randy completely fine tuned the knife and its the cat's meow now. When I had Randy make this set for me I told him I wanted something that looked like it could have been made a 1000 years ago and he did it for me. The gyuto has a 10" kiritsuki tipped blade. The slicer has an 8" blade designed after a 50 year old Eskiltuna slicer I had and is one of my favorite knives. The paring knife has a 3.5" blade. The set will come with a leather butcher"s sheath made by Chef Niloc and mounted in a shoulder holster by me. I talked to Randy awhile back about selling this set and he agreed that it would be significantly more expensive(1.5 times) to make this set than what I paid not to mention the year plus wait. I'll though in the sheath for free. I don't want to sell it but, it is what it is.

$2300.00 conus shipped
If I sell it pieced out it will be more. I'm going to put this up for a week as a set and if that doesn't work I will break up the set.

Damascus 4 piece set 063.jpg

Damascus 4 piece set 020.jpg

Damascus 4 piece set 076.jpg

Damascus 4 piece set 045.jpg

Damascus 4 piece set 048.jpg

Damascus 4 piece set 036.jpg

Damascus 4 piece set 040.jpg

damascus home3.jpg

damascus home5.jpg

some more. Remember this is a 3pc, set the fourth paring knife went to a very generous member of kkf.

Etched_Chef_set%2521_060.jpg

Etched_Chef_set%2521_049.jpg

Chef_set_in_progress_008.jpg

Etched_Chef_set%2521_062.jpg

4_piece_set.._SON_008.jpg

Etched_Chef_set%2521_040%25281%2529.jpg

Etched_Chef_set%2521_048.jpg

Stunning - just simply stunning! Very sorry that items that are clearly so dear need to be sold ... wishing you well! Hoping that the next owner will treat them with the obvious respect you have shown them.

TjA

Holy cow Son, there is something you don't see everyday. I hate to see it for sale under the current circumstances. Good luck hope they find a good home !

Thanks you guys, the set is sold. I really appreciate this. It will help alot.
Thanks kkf

Well that sucks! Someone better be forging Son a new heart out of Damascus!

Well that sucks! Someone better be forging Son a new heart out of Damascus!

Ill do it! :D I love Son and am sad he had to sell these. Yet, I a hope this helps him to open the next chapter in his amazing life! And I Hope the new owner loves them and gets lots of use from these!!

God Bless Ya SON.

I'd enlist Del to make the mokume heart valves...

Congrats to the new owner of this knife set. Son brought it to an ECG a couple years ago for us all to drool over. And also thanks for buying it so Son can get the meds he needs :cool2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back