• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Misono Swedish 210 gyuto for sale

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spaceconvoy

Reaction score
I was on the fence about keeping this or not, but it seems silly when I'm custom ordering a 210 double bevel kiritsuke... so this is it, my last knife up on the chopping block.

For whatever reason, this is a relatively less reactive knife, compared to another Misono Swedish gyuto I owned about 2 years ago. I can't detect any odor transfer to onions once the patina was established, which was a big problem with my first Misono Swedish.

It's been sharpened 4 times, and I just removed the patina with BKF and refinished it with a little sandpaper. Still, this is not a new knife - there are some sharpening scuffs and the black of the lettering has worn off (I think the BKF did it). Handle is in near-pristine condition. Comes with the original box, but I've been storing the knife in there unsheathed, so it's a bit cut up where it contacts the heel and the tip (you can see the white marks in the first photo).

Asking $100 shipped anywhere in the US (willing to sell internationally, but will adjust for shipping).

P1140703.jpg

P1140705.jpg

P1140706.jpg

This is really tempting for me, but I just don't need another one.
Great price!

A third Misono, says my good friend from the Sunshine State?
Why would you get that thought even deeper into my head?

My thoughts immediately went to, "is it as thin as my 210 moly, but with the steel of my Swede"? Dang...good combo....

Could someone do a video of the 2 knife method for hamburger?
I want to see that!

I don't think you can actually do that for hamburger. I mince first-cut chuck for hamburgers, and the connective tissue is quite resilient, you gotta use some push-pull to cut it.

You can do the two knife thing if you are a talented drummer and are mincing herbs(and like making a mess). I saw a guy on Iron Chef America do it once, but can't find any clips online.

Could someone do a video of the 2 knife method for hamburger?
I want to see that!

[video=youtube;zs5WiddD7i0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs5WiddD7i0[/video] See 3:23 for a demonstration, although if you have the time I would watch the entire clip :D, I get a free set of scales for entertaining you right? :wink:

Sure do! Just send them on to my place! :razz:

Back