NYC

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoqaVin

Reaction score
I am thinking of getting a job in the city, Chef that is, I just don't know where to look anyone willing to help a fellow Chef out

whats your background/experience,what kind of restaurant/position you looking for.I worked in NYC for three years just got back from visiting for a week and met up with all my old chef mates who are doing quite well in the buisiness if you give me a bit more info I might be able to hook you up with some trial shifts.
To be honest its pretty easy to find a job as a chef in NYC as long as you have the right experience ,work ethic and dont mind being underpaid for 14hour days on top a gruelling commute(just kidding)

I graduated from culinary school, started from the bottom, as a dishwasher of course, done everything pretty much from garde Manger to saute to grill, worked in fine dining the past 4 years maybe more

A couple work for Jean-Georges ,another works at Craft .I know its quite difficult to get a position at Jean-Georges unless you have Michelin Star background or are willing to work your way up.Craft I would have to e-mail my mate.But the other Jean- Georges places such as Spice Market are normally looking a friend of mine is the exec there, pm me if any of this sounds like an option to you.

A couple work for Jean-Georges ,another works at Craft .I know its quite difficult to get a position at Jean-Georges unless you have Michelin Star background or are willing to work your way up.Craft I would have to e-mail my mate.But the other Jean- Georges places such as Spice Market are normally looking a friend of mine is the exec there, pm me if any of this sounds like an option to you.

just did some research on craft looks like a cool place, but looks hard to get a foot in the door?

I do not want to spam this thread, but I have a message for matt79 and his PM box is full. Sorry for the disturbance.

easy I live in Jersey and would commute, finding the right place and money is really what I'm looking for

Most places will hire you. They say they are looking for ny experience, but in most cases that isn't true.

I hear ya Gregory, I actually got a better offer out of nowhere really to stay local, nothing really would be worth it money wise, when it comes to travel to NYC, besides the experience that is?

Latest posts

Back