Quantcast
Saying hello! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Saying hello!

Well, for fun, get whatever tickles your funny bone!

But I don't bother putting an edge that refined on kitchen knives, especially on softer ones like Henckels, because it won't last as long, and doesn't make a ton of difference in normal use. Plus the more time you spend on stones, the more chances you have to roll the edge.

If you are looking to encourage your stone buying addiction, and want to try something new, get a different 1k or 6k!

I feel like I've said this before but I'll say it again! "I agree with Eamon"!

For my used kitchen knives i.e Nakiri and Gyuto and one of the petty's I stop at a 5k and then put a microbevel. Good edge that will last.

For any old knives that I practice sharpening on I stop at 10K on a chosera blue. gives a great mirror polish and looks good! But I prefer a little more tooth!

Just for fun, on my home knives I go up to an 8k and it is plenty high for me and I am a knife junkie. At some point I will go higher but, this is only for my home knives that see little action since I am at work most the time.

At work I take it to a 5k and stop there.

Ah, thanks for the advice

Let us know what you end up doing!

Welcome!