Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Kitchen Knife Glossary

Perhaps not, but you have seen the end product. i just mentioned because there seem to be a fair number of folks on here who have expressed an interest in making knives.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
    That's interesting to know, but I don't think I've ever seen the word accordion used that way here. Since the glossary is to help members understand the discussion I don't think Eamon needs to add it.

Thank you very much.
    I learn a lot.

Thanks, Jeddy! Ask if you have any questions.

This is so useful - thank you so much !

I wonder if adding some Japanese vocabulary would be helpful (ie. machi, nakago, etc). I know it takes a lot of time to develop a list like yours, so let me know if there's anything I can do if you decide to put more Japanese terms in this list.

Thanks! I have trouble because I do not speak a word of Japanese, so even the words I know well, I second-guess myself when using them.

I just might make a list of these and send them to you for revision. I need SOMETHING to do on sleepless nights like this one.

Quote Originally Posted by BurkeCutlery View Post
    Thanks! I have trouble because I do not speak a word of Japanese, so even the words I know well, I second-guess myself when using them.

I just might make a list of these and send them to you for revision. I need SOMETHING to do on sleepless nights like this one.
    yes, that will be really nice... It's useful for me to also know what words should be defined. I sometime use them without thinking those Japanese terms might confuse them. Let me know when you have the list. Maybe I can also add some terms as well (and you can pick the ones you think are useful).

Sara

What is the purpose/reasoning behind having a machi? On the Wanatabi website he mentions some knife styles have it and others do not -why is this? It seems to me to be a weak point and a place where food/bacteria could collect.

I don't know if it has been commented on, but there seems to be a small error in the SUN definition.
    1,19 inches is not 3.03 millimeters.
    3.03 centimeters or 30,3 millimeters are the correct conversion.

Arrow >> EAMON <<

Quote Originally Posted by BurkeCutlery View Post
    Suggestions are welcome!
    Howbout Kigami = Yellow Steel?

You shared very good information about glossary of kitchen knife. I get help from your this post.
    Thank for your sharing