Hallo from Bergen Norway!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

supersayan3

Reaction score
Hallo! I am from Thessaloniki Hellas, living in Bergen Norway.

I am a professional cook, headchef the last two years in a big brasserie.

I love classical cooking, modern as well, but my working situation now, leans towards classical.

I am passionate about my craft, and I feel very happy when it gets elevated to art!

I have a deep love and respect for knives.

I try not to become a knife-nut, but it is so pleasant(and time-space consuming) to use the right knife for the right task - ocassion :biggrin:

Feeling very happy to participate at a knife forum, all of my gratitude to the creators :idea2:

One question please, that burns me inside: If somebody has worked or owened Masahiro Mv-h, Kikuici TKC, and Kikuichi stainless, how would you compare Masahiro to Kikuichis?

Very nice to have found you, happy chef :cheffry:

Your welcome... have fun on kkf!

Welcome Chef!

Can't really help with the knife question other than to say that I had a rather inexpensive Kikuichi carbon knife that I was not very impressed with (I realize they make better grades)...you will find much nicer knives around these parts. Please make sure and ask any questions in the main forum.

Cheers!

That Masahiro was one of the first Japanese knives I owned. Got it used but not abused. It was very thin , sharp and quite asymmetrical . I have the Kichuichi Carbon. It is more 50/50, thin, light easy to sharpen, and is the most reactive knife I've owned. I have a Kichuichi Stainless Damascus as well. I loan it out a lot to chef friends who want to try a few knives to compare. It's a fine knife, a little thicker , but not thick by any means , however I believe there are better knives with better steel in it's price range .

Thank you very much Gentlemen, you all very kind and informative :)

Back