Identify my Grandma's knives

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lirpa939

Reaction score
My mom recently asked me if I knew anything about these knives or if I wanted them. THey were my Grandmothers my mom remembers them always being in the house, she grew up in Salem, OR. She knew they were made in Albany OR (though this may not be accurate). This knife has the best label still. Anyone know?

a>

a>

No joy on id. Something to think about with sentimental knives is to have them mounted in a picture frame, including a pic and/or name plate of the original owner. Christmas is coming - gift these back to mom and you could be the best son (daughter?) EVER.

Acorn. A small knife company in Oregon that used to sell at most county fairs around here. I don't know if they are still in business or not but we have a spatula and I think a small paring knife from them. They may have been buying blades and just casting the aluminum handles on them. Pretty low quality stainless steel.

Thanks Dave. I'd finally given up trying to make them load!

Wow thank you! Even to get a name for them is worth it. How did you know this company?

Back