Dial-X Sharpener

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steeley

GoogleFu San
Founding Member
Reaction score
Quick question what setting do you guys use for your knives.
DbBeDkjl.jpg
[/IMG]

ygHYRjyl.jpg
[/IMG]

And for you guys that keep asking for my "secrets of sharpening" booklet
Dave still has it.:wink:

But it said it sharpens everything.
and does GTFO , mean get two for one cause that would be a good deal.

For Only 19.95!!!!

Just pay shipping and handling....

And that's not all!!
call in the next 90 sec's and get your very own .
New-Hot-Carrot-Cucumber-Sharpener-Peeler-Kitchen-Tool-Vegetable-Fruit-Curl-Slice.
TJDWqSMl.jpg
[/IMG]

Yay Baby.:bigeek:

Great. I just watched this in it's entirety.

[video=youtube;T2N4U7B1Jog]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2N4U7B1Jog[/video]

Thanks Steely!!

Hate is a strong word but.......
I hate that guy. 27 sec's is all i can take of that video.
and Theory I AM SORRY for the trauma you had to endure
these are trying times .
all i can say is i feel your pain.:Stefan:

The intro alone... slicing through flying fruits and vegetables like a ninja... christ! ...and having the tasks etched into the blade, jesus christ!

This thread could use a little more knife gimmicks. Here we have the Ronco 6 star. A knockoff of the miracle blade. It's as sharp as a Samurai sword! :lol2:

[video=youtube;J6r8QtZAiWA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6r8QtZAiWA[/video]

I bought that set years ago. I found it dirt cheap at big lots. I still have the cleaver. It's sad that people get suckered in to buying things like this. I guess people are hooked by the "never needs sharpening" claims. In my case the main selling point was price. I think I payed less than $20 for the whole set. Is there are thread on here about cheap gimmick knives and why you shouldn't buy them? If there isn't, that might be something to sticky. If it keeps just a few people from wasting their money, it would be worth it.

I will say this, the non serrated Ronco knives came crazy sharp out of the box. I ended up cutting my self accidentally. So they do get some points for that. But beyond that they are your run of the mill cheap stainless steel knives.

As for the OP, it's interesting to see old kitchen gadgets. Seems that someone always comes along to make things "easy" for us. Of course easy is relative. I get the impression that freehand sharpening is relatively easy once you learn how and practice. My king combo stone came in today, so I will find out just how easy it really is.

I once had a set as well. I actually liked the steak knives for cheap ones they worked well.

Back