Quantcast
My take on Masamoto - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: My take on Masamoto

Mr. Drinky likey very much. Great work Marko; and I can't wait to hear the feedback.

Will the feedback go directly to you, or will there be a open thread?

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

I am not completely unfamiliar with kitchen knives so the knives I make reflect my personal preferences which have been built on handling and analyzing knives from different makers over time. In other words, this is my interpretation of what makes a good kitchen knife for me. However, people's preferences are different, so I want a quick feedback on sharpening, edge retention, profile and geometry. I would like to limit sending the first couple of knives to one-two people to expedite things. After than, I will do a formal pass-around, and everybody is welcome to try it and post their impressions.

I will have a sign-up sheet in a week or two.

M

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

I normally don't get involved in pass-arounds, but this is way too interesting to pass on. I'll sign up when the sheet comes out. This knife just looks 'right'.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

Not sure if i missed it, but have you mentioned a ballpark price on these? They look amazing, would love a meiji handle on one.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman91 View Post
    Not sure if i missed it, but have you mentioned a ballpark price on these? They look amazing, would love a meiji handle on one.
    I haven't determined the prices yet, but rest assure they will be competitively priced. Also, despite my relatively recent entry into knife making, expect top notch quality - no wabi-sabi here (in my book it's an excuse for a poor workmanship).

M

The great thing about Marko's knives, you get this really cool looking handle that comes with it's own blade.

And a board, sometimes. Getting closer, Dan.
    M

Good to hear, Marko. I will be in NYC around august 20th. What are the chances you will have some available by then?

Mike

Pretty good chance. I need about two weeks to get enough feedback to start working on knives for sale.

M