Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My take on Masamoto

Looks great, Marko. I am not a fan of the totally anorectic ones (at least not in the longer knives), this looks perfect to me. I also always liked the Masamoto profile even though I never actually bought one. I haven't seen a bad handle from you, so I am sure it will come out great.

Stefan

Senior Member/ Internet Hooligan
    Honestly, I think you could put an old gym sock on that blade and it'd still look amazing.

Barring that, though, I'd vote for Meji.

Hmm... I need to make two then, D and octagonal. I am just curious to give a D handle a try. Never made one, so it would be interesting.

M

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Marko, I think this handle is right up your alley

Joking aside, that blade looks wonderful and I think a meiji D wouild be a nice change of pace -- but then again I like D handles.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Quote Originally Posted by 99Limited View Post
    Why ask for suggestions for the handle? You are the Handle Master.
    +1 BUT, I'd vote for octagonal.

Thats a beauty Marko. Can't wait to see it finished. Is this the one you might bring Monday. I would love to put that knife through the paces. But if I were you I wouldn't give your first to anyone. Thats just me though, what do I know about making knives. Not much.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by eto View Post
    Thats a beauty Marko. Can't wait to see it finished. Is this the one you might bring Monday. I would love to put that knife through the paces. But if I were you I wouldn't give your first to anyone. Thats just me though, what do I know about making knives. Not much.

Cheers
    I would like to get a feedback from people who use knives professionally. I will be putting no restrictions on use, sharpening, working it hard is fine. Also, I would like people to use it for few days straight, to see how the edge holds up. The feedback would help me to make adjustments to grind, heat treatment, and other areas. I have a clear idea what I like in my knives, but I don't use knives day in day out, so this will give me an opportunity to learn something from you guys (starting this Monday, actually).

So, if it gets beaten up, no worries. At the end, I might refinish it and sell it as used or raffle it.
    M

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Okay, at first I was thinking...I don't need another knife, I don't need another knife, but after seeing this I am going to have to start putting away a little extra green.

Good to know, I use to cook in pro kitchens here in the city but have since taken a different path. I still cook like a pro so I think. But if you like I can give it to a good friend of mine who works as a Chef and see what his feed back would be. Then return the knife back to you. Just a thought we can speak more on Monday.

eto.

Very exciting prospect. I hope to see it monday!
    Music--Food .:':. Dancing--Eating