D. Martell SALE - Martell gyuto in Redwood

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Martell

Forum Founder
Founding Member
Reaction score
For Sale - 240mm Martell hidden tang western gyuto.

Steel - O-1 @ Rc60-61 with cryo

Handle - Dyed redwood with African Blackwood ferrule and a copper pin (Likely the last redwood western handle I'll ever do)

Price (each) - $575 (CONUS shipping & insurance included)
Payment accepted through Paypal invoice

*Note - Darker pictures taken in the shade, brighter pictures taken in direct sunlight.

Martell_gyuto_redwood1.JPG

Martell_gyuto_redwood4.JPG

Martell_gyuto_redwood7.JPG

Martell_gyuto_redwood12.JPG

Martell_gyuto_redwood17.JPG

Martell_gyuto_redwood21.JPG

Martell_gyuto_redwood8.JPG

Martell_gyuto_redwood11.JPG

That is one amazing handle and knife. Indeed a grand entrance to the world of kitchen knives and KKF! :)

I was waiting for this and it sold before I woke up this morning.... I was equal parts upset & relieved. The redwood came out beautifully Dave! Great work

thank goodness i'm a wa- handle kind of guy - these Martell knives are killin' it in appearance.

thank goodness i'm a wa- handle kind of guy - these Martell knives are killin' it in appearance.

That's why I asked Dave to make mine with a Stefan Keller Wa handle :D

Dave,

Out of curiosity why are the vast majority of your knives made with western handles?

#1 - I hate the idea of making hexagonal handles. I will likely drive myself mad with this process.

#2 - More makers do wa than western

#3 - Westerns are more challenging in an artistic and functional sense to get correct making it a long journey to get it right. I like this challenge.

I'm going to make wa handles though but I'm going to shy away from hexagonal versions. :)

Back