Any interest for an EU gyuto passaround?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haburn

Reaction score
Is there any interest for a 210 AEBL gyuto passaround in Europe? This would probably be mid to late January, but I would like to see if there is any interest.

Hey Ian, I'd definitely be keen! Very kind of you of let us folks across the pond in on the action :)

Definitely! And as Mangelwurzel wrote: very kind of you if you'd do this.

Hi Ian, is there any news on this?

Yes, this is still going to happen. I've committed to making a knife for the Midwest gathering so the EU passaround is going to get pushed to March. That way, I don't have to make multiple passaround knives. My apologies for the delay.
I'd also love to get a few more than six people involved.

Yes, this is still going to happen. I've committed to making a knife for the Midwest gathering so the EU passaround is going to get pushed to March. That way, I don't have to make multiple passaround knives.

That's great! Looking forward!

Let's get this rolling!
First a couple of guidelines that would very much appreciated if you decide to participate.

- You may sharpen the knife if you know what you are doing. Please do not modify the grind or profile.

- Post here when you get the knife and post here when you ship the knife.

- Use it for a week or less and PM the next person for shipping address.

- If you want to post a review please wait until the passaround is complete or feel free to email/PM me while impressions are fresh.

This is the list I have so far:

Matus, Germany
daddy yo yo, Austria
Berko, ?
mark76, Netherlands
Riba, Netherlands
Benuser, Netherlands
Mangelwurzel, England
Apathetic, UK

AEB-L, SS & brass bolster, stabilized redwood burl.
I'll be shipping the knife with a soft case and a kydex sleeve.

yZNNyGil.jpg

QXGzrojl.jpg

Ih1Xq3bl.jpg

I revised the order and swapped Berko and Daddy Yo Yo.

Matus, Germany
Berko, Germany
daddy yo yo, Austria
mark76, Netherlands
Riba, Netherlands
Benuser, Netherlands
Mangelwurzel, England
Apathetic, UK

looking forward, ian! :hungry:

how do we do this? will everyone send his address to you, you collect'em and forward them, or do we communicate with each other, in my case Berko needs my address and i need mark76's address...

looking forward, ian! :hungry:

how do we do this? will everyone send his address to you, you collect'em and forward them, or do we communicate with each other, in my case Berko needs my address and i need mark76's address...

You can find guidelines in post #15. If you have any questions please feel free to post here or email me at: [email protected]
I'll ship the knife out on Monday.

Ian - what sort of starting date do you have in mind? I will be probably away for most of June and over the Easter.

Ian - what sort of starting date do you have in mind? I will be probably away for most of June and over the Easter.
I'm going to ship it out Monday, so if customs isn't too crazy you should have it by mid March.

I'm going to ship it out Monday, so if customs isn't too crazy you should have it by mid March.

Sounds great! Shipping including customs should be around 2-3 weeks if the package won't get delayed (happens, but rarely). I am really looking forward to try the knife :)

Im in Norway of you would let me join :) really interested in your knives!

You can find guidelines in post #15. If you have any questions please feel free to post here or email me at: [email protected]
I'll ship the knife out on Monday.

Dear Ian,

Thank you for making this happen. I am very looking forward to using the knife, I should start thinking about the menu for that week...
Could you let me know the value of the knife (so I can forward the knife properly insured).

Cheers,
Jasper

Back