Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Project need help: Grand UnifiedStone Soaking Chart

King 800, 1000 and 1200 can all be permasoaked. Suehiro rika with base can also be permasoaked. Beston 500, bester 1200 and gesshin 400 and Jinzo aoto also permasoakers.
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

Gesshin 6000 is spash & go, but can be permasoaked. It should however not be soaked and then dried on regular basis as it may develop cracks (personal experience). This is also stated on JKI website - I should have read more carefully.

Administrator
    I've read conflicting info on the Suehiro Rika and perma soaking. As a result I only perma soak half of mine.
    Older and wider..

I believe that the Suehiro Rika used to come with documentation that stated to not soak it.....BUT......it used to be sold with a wood base so maybe this had something to do with that? Anyway, even though I've never soaked a Rika long term myself (I only have a wood based version) many people have and report no negative side effects. I'd assume that we could say that this stone can be perma-soaked if it has the newer plastic base or no base at all but I'll leave this to be answered by those users who have these types and have tested this theory out.

Latest version in PDF form

Latest version attached, does anyone know anything about the sigma power stones and their soaking characteristics??
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by gic View Post
    Latest version attached, does anyone know anything about the sigma power stones and their soaking characteristics??
    Stu would be your main man but I perma soak my 1200 and have tried soaking my 400, 6000 and 13000 grits long term and noticed no ill effects. They seem to even like it a little bit.

Are you looking to put all known synthetic stones on the list or just the more common ones?

I ask because there's a lot of stone brands that are sold that we don't hear much about because they're not common, if added to the list it might take some searching to get the info required for soak & drying times.

I am trying to put as much info as I can,for eample, I wrote Daniel and Stu for info on the stones they sell that seem unique to them.

Maybe remove ATOMA diamond plates from the list? If folks can't figure that out then oh well. LOL

Administrator
    Occurs to me if you covered all the stones the vendors here offer it would be pretty comprehensive. And you would have an authoritative source(s) for any questions.

Thanks for pulling this together.
    Older and wider..