270mm or 300mm sujihiki

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdoublestack

Reaction score
I have a 5 year old , worked out 270mm(probably closer to 240mm now) Kanemesa suji I am thinking to replace... and i was considering jumping up to a 300mm. This is one of my work knives - to be used on large proteins, raw and cooked.. I am curious, what kind of preferences linger out there for universal Sujihiki?

Home cook only here, but I prefer my 300 suji over the 270s for most roast carving. The 270s are better suited to, say, pork loins than to pork roasts. And the 300 is killer on rib roasts.

300! But its a ocd thing and everything has to be even numbers

...everything has to be even numbers

Ah, Chefmath :whistling:. 270 is an even number.

I like suji's, have a couple three. I've never felt the need for more than a 270 and when I've priced new one pays a lot for an extra 11%.

Not to say I wouldnn't try a 300 if opportunity presented itself.

My sweet spot is 285mm. Big enough to handle roasts but not too big to be unwieldy.

Ah, Chefmath :whistling:. 270 is an even number.

I like suji's, have a couple three. I've never felt the need for more than a 270 and when I've priced new one pays a lot for an extra 11%.

Not to say I wouldnn't try a 300 if opportunity presented itself.

Yes i realize its an even number, ive had a few 270mm but i always get rid of them. it just bothers me thats its not a clean 300. Dont know why, cant explain it...

i went for a 300 and have no regrets. the longer it is, the better chance of getting through with a single slice instead of sawing.

Latest posts

Back