My mom passed away

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DevinT

Reaction score
My mother has had cancer and was bed ridden for over a year. She passed away last week and her funeral was held Monday. Nothing prepares you even if you know she will die and toward the end we started to pray that she wouldn't have to suffer any more.

She did enjoy cooking and always tried to make things interesting for us kids. She made meals that followed themes such as everything had to be the same color or everything started with the same letter. She loved to bake bread, pie, and cakes.

She and my dad have been married for over 50 years, they have 12 children, 11 boys and 1 girl. We hold the world record for the number of eagle scouts in a family, all because of our mother. We tell people to go ahead and break our record, have 12 sons and get them all to eagle scout.

She was fearless and only feared God trying to do what was right always. She was crazy and we will miss her. She planned her own funeral, and because of her lengthy suffering, gave her a lot time to reflect on her life. There could easily be a book written about all the things she did.

Rest in peace mom,

Devin

Sorry to hear Devin. I will be thinking of you, Calista, Larrin, John, Kendal, Amy, Carol, and of course Jackie.

Sorry for your loss Devin. A Dad is bad, but Mom is a tough one to part with. I know I sure miss mine some days especially during hockey season. She was a devout Red Wings fan.

Sorry for your loss Devin. Losing a loved one is never easy, even when you expect it. If you need anything, let me know.

Devin, I am truly sorry for your loss. All the best for you and your family.

Devin,

I lost my Dad on Labor Day to a two year fight with cancer and you are right - even though you know it is coming, it is a harsh blow when it comes. We are going into deer hunting this weekend where my Dad has been our group leader for the last 30+ years and the loss has really hit me hard over the last couple of days as I have been getting ready.

Your mother was a wonderful woman and my prayers go out to your family that you have peace that her suffering is over and that she is in a better place now.

Best wishes,
Eric

Devin, certainly one of the most difficult times any man could possibly go through. I'm thankful that I do not speak from experience when I say that.
Sounds like you had the pleasure to share life with an amazing woman.
And it also sounds like your sister could probably take on any one from this forum! 11 brothers?? She must be tough as nails!

All the best to you and your family Devin. Inspiring to hear of such a full and unabashed life lived.

My condolences. 11 boys and one girl; your sister must be pretty durable.

Devin, I am sorry to hear of your loss. Your mother must have really been a very interesting person, and I'm sure she had loads of great stories about raising you and your siblings. My condolences to you and your entire family during this sad time.

Sorry to read it, Hoss. Your mom sounded like she had a very full life, and many who loved her dearly. I hope the family is doing ok, and takes some comfort in knowing that she had a great family, and great life.

I was deeply saddened when I heard of the loss of your mom. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

I'm sorry for your loss. I am glad that you had such a wonderful mother and have siblings to help bear the loss. Remembering what a person meant to you, and sharing that with those who are close to you lets that person continue to effect this world from whatever comes next. Thanks for letting us help you and your mother do that.

Devin my condolences on your mothers passing .
are thoughts are with your family.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family Devin.

Back