Big order for a handgun manufacturer

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
Normally I turn away requests for large custom orders. Being a small shop I can only do so much.
But these guys were more concerned with quality than anything else. They told me that the wood was needed for a limited edition, anniversary edition handgun. At first the order was going to be for 100 pieces. But they got a block, made their prototype and decided on 1000+ instead. Details are being kept confidential but rumors are that the handgun will be on the cover of the new year's edition of one of the gun magazines.
These are part of the first batch going to the gun smiths. I thought they were real pretty.

001_zps53db00a1.jpg

My first thought was pretty, maybe I should break in and steal all the wood😱. Second thought was gun manufacturer! 😲

Looks great. Please share the end product when it's finished.

My first thought was pretty, maybe I should break in and steal all the wood😱. Second thought was gun manufacturer! 😲

Looks great. Please share the end product when it's finished.

They are keeping things kind of hush hush until their unveiling.
But after that they will be providing me with some photos that I can use.
It is a big company but super nice people.
As soon as I get permission I will post photos.

To fill the order I am doing things in a bunch of small batches.
When I send in each batch to be dyed and stabilized I am also adding a couple dozen extras for the web store.
Hopefully that way my regular customers won't have to do without.
There were some extras with this batch but they all went away overnight when I put them in the store.

Those blocks are going to make some awesome handles. I'll be on the lookout for the roll out.

Exciting! look's like many pictures from outer space, really spectacular awesome pieces

I'm guessing this order is not for Glock's anniversary?

Does look spectacular. We'll be able to say "We knew him when..."

Glock...nice Dave!

Those are amazing Mark! I'm red-green colorblind so I always love seeing blue, which ain't so common with wood. Stoked to see what they do with these beautiful pieces...Kinda hoping they go onto blue-steel revolvers.

I too would love to see the final handles (even though I am not into guns, just curios). Please let us know then. And of course congrats on a large order!

Yeah, I'm thinking something like a pre-model 27 with grips made of this stuff :)

haha I know nothing about guns, what you said is foreign to me, I just said that as a joke, all the cool rappers say that these days LOL

I don't know if I am allowed to say the manufacturer's name.

when......he was almost sane.

Wonder if the manufacturer would give us in the forum a discount? I do have a permit for carry etc.

Just saw this on CZs website.
cz_zps1fad71e5.jpg

This is the next batch of blue blocks going to them.
b-001.jpg

Beautiful gun and scales! Looked around for pricing but could not find any, does it get mentioned in the magazine?

Did Burl Source get mentioned as the supplier of the scales?

Doesn't really talk about this specific gun in the magazine. Basically just the history of CZ. They do mention that this anniversary gun will be a run of 1,000 at $1,500 each.

Back