• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Takeda Aogami Super Sasanoha 250 mm Stainless clad

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Casaluz

Reaction score
I am offering to sell this absolutely wonderful Gyuto. It is a custom order that I placed directly with Shosui Takeda in Japan to make a special 250 mm long Gyuto in Aogami Super stainless clad for me. It is only a few months old and it has seen light use at home. It still has the original grind and it has never been sharpened. It attest to Takeda's mastery that it still holds a wonderfully sharp edge. The edge has taken a beautiful purple bluish patina and it glides through food. I am attaching a few pictures of the knife. I paid US$405 to bring it home, and now I am asking for US $350 including shipping within conus to send it to you. I am saving to make the leap and get a Kamagata Usuba. Enjoy the pictures.

20141117_170455_zpsgb7ck8k3.jpg

20141117_170623_zpsuwglcwkq.jpg

20141117_170550_zpslczkwk1a.jpg

never really liked Takeda's b/c of their boxy looks, but this one doesn't seem to be to tall at the heel

Saya?

“Vegetarians, and their Hezbollah-like splinter faction, the vegans ... are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit.” ― Anthony Bourdain

Greetings to all, I am posting a few more pictures and answering a couple of questions. The knife is 48 mm tall close to the handle as you can see from the pictures. It is about 2mm in its spine most of its length but I do not have a micrometer so that is the best I can do. The blade is slightly concave in both sides and feels nimble and very well balanced. You can also compare the profile with that of my trusted Gesshin Kagero 240 mm which I put in the picture so you can see them both side by side. As you might be aware, Takeda knives do not come with sayas and this was no exception, however, as an early Black Friday bonus I am willing to include the saya that I use for it. It is a Konosuke saya and you can see it in the picture below. I am not planning to let this wonderful knife for less than US $350 including shipping in conus so there will be no discounts, however if you buy it before Cyber Monday I will include the Saya for free. If there is no interest I will take it out of the open sales and return it to my active set of knives at home since I do like it very much and my idea of getting into a kamagata usuba will have to be shelved for the future. If you wanted to have a custom knife made by Shosui Takeda in a wonderful length of 250mm with the original grind, very well maintained and never sharpened, for less than it costs to order it in Japan and with an additional Konosuke saya for free, then take advantage of this opportunity and bring it home for Thanksgiving weekend instead of waiting for months. Enjoy the pictures and thank you for your interest and questions.

20141117_210437_zps1tbx2pys.jpg

20141117_205501_zpsrbibjade.jpg

20141122_095755_zps8atm924w.jpg

20141122_100344_zps4s9wxomc.jpg

20141122_095834_zpsebwimrfk.jpg

20141122_100140_zpsndauptmt.jpg

20141122_095659_zpsp9n613jl.jpg

I'm wondering what's custom about this Takeda? The 250mm length is available at stateside retailers, and the handle looks like the same style and quality of my stock Takeda.

Funds received. The knife is sold and will be in its new home next week.
Thanks and congratulations to the new owner. Thanks also to the KKF. Donation to KKF sent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back