Quantcast
new video... thoughts?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new video... thoughts?

new video... thoughts?

Its been a while since i made any videos about sharpening/knives... i was thinking i would shoot one today, but i havent yet decided what i want to shoot. Any thoughts on what you would like to see?

At the ECG we talked about doing some videos on the use of a kiritsuke. I've used mine a couple of times, but it seemed like my will and the knife's will were not in harmony with each other.

ahhh... so, on the videos of techniques with japanese knives, we are actually working together with one of the knifemakers we work with and a chef i have spent time training with in Japan to produce those videos. They are working on them as we speak.

Quote Originally Posted by JBroida View Post
    ahhh... so, on the videos of techniques with japanese knives, we are actually working together with one of the knifemakers we work with and a chef i have spent time training with in Japan to produce those videos. They are working on them as we speak.
    That sounds perfect. As I assume I will be needing to learn new techniques for my new toy!

That's pretty much what I want to see.

i would also like to see some more techniques for double bevel knives for a new perspective. it seems as though your videos are mostly about singles and im sure there are lots of people here who would like to see how you do it, myself included.

I'd like to see a video of you unpacking those 400x stones, then putting one in a box and sending it to me! For added drama, throwing a pair of your 15,000 and 20,000x gratis would be incredible!!

In all honesty I'd love to see a bunch more videos from Japan (anything at all pertaining to sharpening). I bet you have a ton of footage you could put together!!!

Quote Originally Posted by monty View Post
    I'd like to see a video of you unpacking those 400x stones, then putting one in a box and sending it to me! For added drama, throwing a pair of your 15,000 and 20,000x gratis would be incredible!!

In all honesty I'd love to see a bunch more videos from Japan (anything at all pertaining to sharpening). I bet you have a ton of footage you could put together!!!
    haha... why do you want both the 15 and 20k? Thats a bit of overkill, no?

haha... why do you want both the 15 and 20k? Thats a bit of overkill, no?
    Not if they are free!

Perhaps it sounds a little too simple, but what about a video showing your definition of different cutting techniques and the knives used for them? I always find it very confusing when people talk about push cutting, draw cutting, thrust cutting, slicing, chopping and many people have different definitions for them