Orchard Steel

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akmike

Reaction score
I am thinking of buying some new knives. What is the opinion of Orchard Steel knives? I see a few comments about design, but nothing about the blade itself. The other knife I am considering is a 10" chef knife by Sage Blades. It will be for home use.

Never used or even saw an Orchid knife, but FWIW design-wise they look like flattened Euro profiles. Also, handles look very 'petit'.
Sage doesn't seem to have much experience in the way of kitchen knives and their stuff looks too, er.... 'form over function' for me.
For that kind of cash I'd look at more established makers first.

I don't know anyone who has 1st hand experience with any of Moriah Cowles knives. I seem to remember her name coming up around here positively a while ago. I think the knives are kinda pretty with a tiny feminine touch, I find the profiles interesting. It's still a stout fee to pay for a knife you don't have any feedback on.
The 2 blade styles I see on the Sage Blades site are extremely unique looking. I agree that I would stay away from these though. Just because a maker makes a lot of nice knives doesn't mean that he necessarily knows about chef knives.
Like ecchef says-for the coin (from both of these makers) I would opt for a more established maker.

Back