Ringed Gidgee - Big Blocks Small Prices

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
These are the last of my Australian Ringed Gidgee with the exception of a few pieces I am keeping for myself.
Most likely I will not be getting more of this wood because it is hard to get and the shipping is so expensive from Australia.
I am posting my last 20 blocks in our webstore at bargain prices. Prices range from $25 to $35 each.
Ringed Gidgee is a member of the Acacia family so it has some similarities to Koa. It grows in arid regions so it has a hardness and density comparable to Desert Ironwood. It is a dense and durable wood that is suitable for hard use knives. These blocks are all cut oversized so they can be used for large handle fighters or possibly for a couple smaller handle knives. Very nice wood at a bargain price. These blocks are natural hardwood. They have not been chemically stabilized.

Click on the photo to go where these pieces are located in our store.

I took this photo on my postal scale to give you a better idea how dense this wood is.
The block in this photo almost weighs a pound. 13.5 ounces in weight.
2_zps770852f8.jpg

It is beautiful , even finding them locally is getting harder , my favorite handle material , somebody is going to be very happy

Sent from my iPhone using Kitchen Knife Forum

Back