Quantcast
#1 is Done - FINALLY!! - Page 9
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: #1 is Done - FINALLY!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    This gets brought up in knifemaking forums often and the consensus seems to be that the weight of the extra epoxy being held by the holes with be nearly the same as the steel removed. I've obviously never tested that so I'm just repeating what I've heard.

This seems like a problem with a good solution. Maybe remove entire cavities of wood, and fill them in with something lightweight and permanent? It doesn't have to be pretty, it's the interior. Maybe Great Stuff? With the low level of abuse kitchen knives see, this seems solvable.

I have a problem with the idea that the epoxy would weigh the same as the steel. Given that steel has over 7 times the specific gravity of steel, any steel that is replaced with epoxy is going to reduce the weight. As most wood has similar weight as epoxy, maybe that is what they are talking about.
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Dave, looks excellent. Like others have said I prefer the look of the pin-less bolster. Logo looks good, I'd skip the steel info on there to save time/work. All in all it looks like one hell of a knife and if it performs as good as it looks we have another great knife option.

What is your expected timeframe to finish each knife from this point on?

Quote Originally Posted by johndoughy View Post
    This seems like a problem with a good solution. Maybe remove entire cavities of wood, and fill them in with something lightweight and permanent? It doesn't have to be pretty, it's the interior. Maybe Great Stuff? With the low level of abuse kitchen knives see, this seems solvable.

You could fill the wood cavities with your nasty styrofoam thingies instead of sending them to people

Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by Audi's or knives View Post
    Dave, looks excellent. Like others have said I prefer the look of the pin-less bolster. Logo looks good, I'd skip the steel info on there to save time/work. All in all it looks like one hell of a knife and if it performs as good as it looks we have another great knife option.

What is your expected timeframe to finish each knife from this point on?

I'm reluctant to say....or even guess.

Thanks for the feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by apicius9 View Post
    You could fill the wood cavities with your nasty styrofoam thingies instead of sending them to people

Stefan

That's it.....now I'm saving them up.....all for you again.

Quote Originally Posted by oivind_dahle View Post
    I think you did good

The logo shouldn´t be underlined....
    I thought that was a link.
    Kept clicking on it but nothing happened.

Beautiful knife Dave.
    If I could give an opinion from a cosmetic point of view?
    The Martell & # marking look good, like a handmade limited edition.
    But.......the cryo treated and O1 steel markings start to give it the look of a factory production knife.

I am probably way off base, but that was my first impression.

I like the plain silver pin in the bolster and only 1 mosaic pin in the handle.
    Mark Farley / It's a Burl
    Phone 541-592-5071, Email burlsource@gmail.com
    Visit our web store

Senior Member/ Internet Hooligan
    Quote Originally Posted by apicius9 View Post

Stefan
    I sent him my last knife packed in luxurious, high end lime green packing peanuts, and the bastard had the unmitigated audacity to return the knife with his crappy ones mixed into mine.

I was appalled.

Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    I sent him my last knife packed in luxurious, high end lime green packing peanuts, and the bastard had the unmitigated audacity to return the knife with his crappy ones mixed into mine.

I was appalled.

I swear! That man has no limits to what he'll try to get away with! Blending peanuts! Gotta be the hair cut!

Feel free to visit my website, http://www.rodrigueknives.com
    Email pierre@rodrigueknives.com

Like any other "pusher" he cuts the good stuff with junk to stretch it!