Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Final 30 Dois.

There was an interesting post on FF regarding Korin's depiction of Doi as a living treasure. It turned out he was not, and Korin's explanation was that it wasn't translated correctly. Great knives but come with a myth.
    http://www.foodieforums.com/vbulleti...-Hayates/page4

Warning: be prepared for more drama. Drama all over the forums.

M

"All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Thanks for the heads up, and an interesting side not as well. Not sure I really cared too much about the "myth" of him being a national treasure, but more that he has been forging knives for 60+ years. Something about being able to hold a well made knife in my hands that in essence is the culmination of his life's work.

Taylor

And something completely off topic, you should really update your website Marko. Put in an order for a cutting board from you, but sadly found out through the forums recently that you no longer produce them. BTW, would love to see how your knives come out, not to mention after 60 years

Senior Member/ Internet Hooligan
    Quote Originally Posted by Marko Tsourkan View Post
    more drama. Drama all over the forums
    The funny thing is, you wouldn't expect a bunch of knife nuts to be such bitchy prima donnas. You think knives, you think scruffy dude with a bandana living in a shed, stropping on a leather belt. Jack Palance and/or Antonio Luiz's avatar.

We've left the realm of people being upset by a few skeevy business and advertising practices, to a full-fledged knitting circle full of menopausal ninnies.

I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    The funny thing is, you wouldn't expect a bunch of knife nuts to be such bitchy prima donnas. You think knives, you think scruffy dude with a bandana living in a shed, stropping on a leather belt. Jack Palance and/or Antonio Luiz's avatar.

We've left the realm of people being upset by a few skeevy business and advertising practices, to a full-fledged knitting circle full of menopausal ninnies.

I love it.
    Guys who are into field knives, are the rough ones. We are the sissies. We love drama.

"All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Senior Member/ Internet Hooligan

lol. its a BoH thing.