New Line of Tojiro. Forte.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jm2hill

Banned
Reaction score
Very western line of Tojiro's. I think they were just release?

Using its Molybdenum Vandium steel (same steel as ITK Bread Knife)

Not sure if I'm a fan of the new stuff. Handles kinda remind me of shun KO handles

what do you guys think?

some pics to be seen here:
http://tojiro.net/en/products/knives_w_forte.html

Seriously. Like a strange fusion of Tojiro, Forschner Fibrox, and Wusthof Ikon.:puke:

They hardness rating is somewhere between "Middium" and "Hard".

Medium?

A Flagship of Stainless Steel Knives with Beautiful Flowing Form...not.

From the ad copy:

"Please enjoy a fusion of quality design and skills to realize that and the feeling will give you a new shock to you."

Couldn't say it better.

I read all the responses so far and it still didn't prepare me for how butt ugly these are!

I remember Shun sporting something similar a while ago. I mean, don't they have eyes in their heads? It is a hysterical attempt to do something different and that's it. Well, it's different all right... :scratchhead:

D r HO k
a K e

Wow, that is butt ugly. And what is with the writing all over the blade with different styles and fonts? It looks like someone did it on powerpoint.

But if that one isn't for you, you can always get the pimp knife shown on that same site.

tojiro all-stainless knife

k.

I remember Shun sporting something similar a while ago. I mean, don't they have eyes in their heads? It is a hysterical attempt to do something different and that's it. Well, it's different all right... :scratchhead:

D r HO k
a K e

Yeah. Ken Onion. Gross.

But if that one isn't for you, you can always get the pimp knife shown on that same site.

tojiro all-stainless knife

k.
Laugh all you want, but when the vampire apocalypse comes that bad boy would be indispensable. See you just flip the knife around and show the vampire the cross shaped handle and then stab them fast when they recoil in horror. I'm just shocked at your lack of foresight Drinky.:disdain:

BluewayJapan has them I see. They are scandalously expensive though. $155.99 for a 210 gyuto which is moly steel, when you can get a 240 DP for $89.99 is pretty mystifying

Sorta unrelated, but I see at BluewayJapan they have a Tojiro DP 210 petty which I've never seen anywhere else. I love them and there are very few to choose from so I thought I'd mention it for those who are on the lookout

And don't forget- Tojiro is the Number ONE company in the whole world!!

Someone should tell them that Bablefish is not a suitable translation media for commercial purposes!

So many of those lines look awful and/or wierd. If they did a slightly spruced up version of the DP with a better handle I think they'd be onto a winner. The Flash/Senkou line is massively overpriced

WUT.

I have no idea what's going on here, but it frightens me. :scared4:
At least with the Fieri abomination I was already bracing myself before I clicked on the link....

Steven is right. They have one (maybe two) lines I'd even look at. The rest look like pure crap....

Laugh all you want, but when the vampire apocalypse comes that bad boy would be indispensable. See you just flip the knife around and show the vampire the cross shaped handle and then stab them fast when they recoil in horror. I'm just shocked at your lack of foresight Drinky.:disdain:

You mean the whole vampire thing is gonna get even worse? Lordy, this thread is depressing.

You mean the whole vampire thing is gonna get even worse? Lordy, this thread is depressing.

Just make sure to build a thick garlic patina on the blade and have the handle custom made in silver and with a pointed saya made from old oak coffins, and you will be good to go against werewolves as well. :D

The DaaaarkHoooeeeek

Back