Recommendations for Traditional Chinese Cuisine Cook Books?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stereo.pete

Reaction score
I enjoy cooking and I also have a love for great cook books. I love Chinese food and would love to procure a book or two on truly traditional recipes from the following two provinces, Hunan and Sze Chuan. Obviously I love spicy food, but I am looking for the real deal when it comes to these recipes.

If any of you have any suggestions, I would appreciate sharing them here.

Thanks,

Pete

For Sichuan and Hunan, get Fuchsia Dunop's books Sichuan cookery and Revolutionary cookbook. And you might should also get Every grain of rice as well. I love her all three books, and probably are the easiest accessible nowadays for English readers. http://www.fuchsiadunlop.com

There is another small volume book that might still be in a box since moving house, which I couldn't find it on my shelf and couldn't recall its name.

Growing up in southern Sichuan, I think one of the most important ingredient for Sichuan dishes, are the chili and pepper produced locally, which i find it impossible to buy in Australia. Hopefully it is easier in the states :p

Back