The Bad, The Good, and The Ugly

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mkriggen

Reaction score
The Bad...
While showing my brother my Gesshin Kagekiyo k-tip gyuto the other night, I managed to drop it (important safety tip, show of your knives BEFORE opening the Jack).

The Good...
I kept it from hitting the tile floor

The Ugly...
foot.jpg

Be well,
Mikey

Was any wedging noticeable?
Have a speedy recovery.

Snap!
That's a winner!
See, if it would've been a dull knife you wouldn't have been cut.........
.....so we've all been wrong. Dull knives are safer!

for your feet.

Goddamn Jack! I know the feeling, once dropped my Heiji 240 and sliced a vein by my ankle. It was like a horror movie, blood everywhere. Get well quick man!

Geeeeeeez...I have the very same reflex....trying to break items' fall with my foot.

I hope you get fixed quick.

I'm wearing shoes in the kitchen from now on.

a friend of mine in LA here dropped a knife i had sharpened for him while working... it went through his shoe and broke the tip on the ground below the shoe. Maybe steel toed clogs in the kitchen ;)

How's the knife? I have a feeling my instinct would be to save the knife, too.

The knife came out of it great, not a chip or dint to be seen. And no, I didn't notice any wedging:D

Be well,
Mikey

a friend of mine in LA here dropped a knife i had sharpened for him while working... it went through his shoe and broke the tip on the ground below the shoe. Maybe steel toed clogs in the kitchen ;)

Did you chastise him for not using his foot better to protect your magnificent work.

Respect!

Did you also closed your eyes praying it landed spine first before looking?

I'm still reeling from the photo ... Looks pretty nasty!

I just hope it heals well. Keep it clean, etc, etc.

Definitely need to rethink my summer kitchen footware :eyebrow:

:scared4:

I must say that your luck is not that bad...could've had all that damage to your foot and hosed the knife.

Back