Quantcast
Trouble in paradise - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Trouble in paradise

Stefan, that's such a shame.

If you decide to return to clinical work or if there's anything I can do let me know.

Sorry to hear this Stefan. Deans and chairs can be such a-holes sometimes. Best of luck to you.

It looks like there are only Adjunct positions available in Chemistry and Communications where I teach. I'll keep my eyes open. When the faculty gathers again in a couple of weeks I'll see what may be in the works. You know how these things go. Sometimes a position is open, but not publically open. Good luck in the meantime!

Senior Member AFKitchenknivesguy's Avatar
    I don't know what to say, I am shocked brother. Want me to drop a bomb on his ass?
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by AFKitchenknivesguy View Post
    I don't know what to say, I am shocked brother. Want me to drop a bomb on his ass?
    LOL, that's a very tempting offer, Jason I just had a look at my personal files. They actually scraped together the one negative course evaluation out of 20 courses I got and the one year of under-performance after I was sick most of the year before to justify the decision. What a bunch of jerks.

Stefan

And people complain about the excessive power of the unions.
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Best of luck Stefan! Hope everything works out.

I really wish you the best of luck, Stefan. These are truly troubled times in many parts of the world. I hope everything will fall in to place in a good way for you.

Harald

I'm sorry to hear this, Stefan. It'll be very sad to lose such wonderful talent, and I hope you'll find something comparable in town.

One thing about UH: Politics and ignorance go together hand in hand here. Although I'm an alumni with only an undergrad degree, I've never had the highest regard for the way things are run on the Manoa campus. I assume things are just as bad on other campuses as well. You have my respect for finding your way through.

I hope that you will find what you're looking for, and that you get the opportunity to remain here in town. A little chaos today could bring wonders tomorrow.

Dive into your handle work for now. Let me know if you need an assistant!

All the best
    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates who said: "I drank what?"

Ugh, academia politics, what a bunch of bs.

Sorry to hear you got screwed over by the dean Stefan, but you're a cool cat with talent and I'm sure you'll find something as good or better to pursue.

In the mean time hang in there and try not to let it stress ya too much. You've got plenty of time to figure things out.

+ Reply to Thread