Quantcast
Trouble in paradise - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Trouble in paradise

Quote Originally Posted by mindbender View Post
    I hope that you will find what you're looking for, and that you get the opportunity to remain here in town. A little chaos today could bring wonders tomorrow.

Dive into your handle work for now. Let me know if you need an assistant!

All the best
    Thanks for your encouragement, everyone. Yeah, university politics always reminds me a bit of kindergarten, and it's even worse within a med school...

Mindbender, be careful what you are offering, the last person who offered help is coming to the shop on Sunday

Stefan

Not to make light of your situation, but I'm always a little suspicious of people who are awake at this hour of the morning . . .

??? Moi? It's midnight where I am, aren't you the one who is up at weird hours?

Stefan

I'm a little suspicious of people who live in other time zones!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

I just read your post and I feel bad for you! I sincerely hope all works out for you in the end. You have many knife nuts here cheering for you

Sorry to hear about your situation, Stefan. As a recovering lawyer, I am obligated to ask if you have started preparing your complaint based on age discrimination and violation of the ADA? And yes, I am being semi-serious, particularly if they based their decision on the time period when you were sick. Not saying it would work, but making their ******** pucker up might be worth the price of admission..
    Quote Originally Posted by apicius9 View Post
    LOL, that's a very tempting offer, Jason I just had a look at my personal files. They actually scraped together the one negative course evaluation out of 20 courses I got and the one year of under-performance after I was sick most of the year before to justify the decision. What a bunch of jerks.

Stefan

Very sorry to hear about this sir - For what it's worth I was part of a mass lay-off in February - the first couple of months are tough - but if you stay optimistic, and as much ahead of the "game" as possible -- you will end up ahead. There's always a better place to work - I hope you are able to keep from up-rooting as well.

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

Quote Originally Posted by ******* View Post
    Sorry to hear about your situation, Stefan. As a recovering lawyer, I am obligated to ask if you have started preparing your complaint based on age discrimination and violation of the ADA? And yes, I am being semi-serious, particularly if they based their decision on the time period when you were sick. Not saying it would work, but making their ******** pucker up might be worth the price of admission..
    The problem with this is it doesn't make you very attractive to other employers.
    Best of luck Stefan.

Yes, but that gets us into the whole retaliation thingie. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
    The problem with this is it doesn't make you very attractive to other employers.
    Best of luck Stefan.

There is always the beer garden and spam shack.
    ' come for the beer and stay for the spam"[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
    A clever cook can make good meat of a whetstone.” Erasmus

+ Reply to Thread