• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Kato (Yoshiaki Fujiwara) Western Gyuto 210 or 240

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I know this may be a long shot but better trying and succeeding than not trying and failing for sure! :knife:

Looking for a Western Twistington-handled Kato (Yoshiaki Fujiwara) gyuto in either 210 or 240mm size.

Maybe someone can enlighten me about the finishes!? Is Kikuryu similar to Shigefusa's Kitaeji (damascus)?

I show you the nicest one I have ever seen, so if you want to sell that one, please do so. But it doesn't necessarily have to be that one:
kato_kikuryu.jpg

That one is a Kikuryu, but it doesn't look like that anymore, there was a bad batch of wood, and it had to have the handle remade, which was a shame because it was magnificent.( although the replacement handle is equally stunning) I don't think the current owner is a forum member.

Yes the Kikuryu is similar to shigefusa Kitaeji, even nicer maybe.

Good luck with the search.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back