Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stupidity, powerbuffer and the DT ITK

Stupidity, powerbuffer and the DT ITK

Okay, so this is what happens when you are distracted with power tools. I was buffing the handle,(with out a blade guard of course) when I went too high on the wheel and the wheel caught the heel and flipped my knife onto a well placed chisel. DOH!

I am hoping Dave can fix it because it is well beyond my ability.

You are lucky the buffer didn't throw it at you. The problem is fixable but you will have a less tall knife afterward. Give Devin a buzz, he might do it for you.

M

"All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Engorged Member
    Send it back to Mark...it's obviously defective.

Ouch!! I had a few chips that big once in a Shun Kramer Santoku from trying to hammer it through a rack of lamb. I got them out with a DMT XXC but, of course, I had to remove a lot of metal. Dave will too but I'll bet he can fix it.
    It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Damn.... I almost cried

Glad to hear you're okay! That could have been a dangerous situation.
    The chip doesn't look that bad, completely fixable.

Glad you're all right, my friend. The image of what might've happened is chilling.

Glad to hear the chip can be repaired.

indeed!

Looks fixable to me, you just might end up with a petty. That's deep enough that the whole face will need adjusting, you'll be pretty much re-grinding the knife. Which means lots of very strong power tools. Which means send it to someone else, lol. just teasing.

Grind a little more out and you can have a really neatO bottle opener

I think Butch always says that the buffer is the most dangerous tool in his shop... Glad you got away unharmed.

Stefan