Media Look what Jon found for me #2

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very cool knife, especially the handle. Congratz...

So it was YOOOUUUU

That is a really great looking knife, seriously! It's got it all going on!

The pictures of this one need to be posted....DA-YaMN! :)

IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0008.JPG

IMG_0014.JPG

IMG_0027.JPG

Very cool handle, similar to what I wanted to try if I ever have time... Just wondering: Are these spacers curved or is that just an illusion? Even more in the other one you posted, it almost looks like they are curved and the other materials are carved to match them.

Stefan

Fanciest and farthest departure from tradition. Salty's Nenohis are pretty fancy for japanese made, but still in the traditional form.

Stefan I think it is an optical illusion. It is just glued before hand at an angle, then when you cut in the shape of the octagonal handle, the sides that are between the top and side of the handles make it look curved.

And man, that is a jaw dropper. Very nice.

Very nice! Nice find, and way to make it happen Jon!

Nice find, and way to make it happen Jon!

I can't say enough about working with Jon. He came back from Japan with great ideas and met knifemakers virtually unheard of in this country. He's been willing to work with me on payment plans. He's really been an all around mensch.

If they decide to do it more, the Japanese can put out some ridiculous looking handles. I've seen a few here and there from them that totally blew my mind! with every type of material imaginable. I've been constantly begging Koki to find someone there to make handles like these.

I just keep comming back to this thread, really beautiful knife.

I think this one, Salty's scimitar, Colin's suji from Burke, and that Devin bubble wrap gyuto made for Adam are the four knives that are forever burned in my mind.

k.

Jan, we need to get together, I have to see this one in person.

I'm waiting on another handle from Stefan to go with the one you have been storing for nearly a year. When that gets shipped I'll drive up to see you, deliver the knives for new handles and bring this one and maybe a few others.

I'm waiting on another handle from Stefan to go with the one you have been storing for nearly a year. When that gets shipped I'll drive up to see you, deliver the knives for new handles and bring this one and maybe a few others.

SWEET!!! :biggrin:

Wow that knife is truly art. Oh, and Dave really just wants to grind on another honyaki yanagi. He's a glutton like that...

Back